atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: markcosta DCS 816 & Caller ID - 07/02/05 09:31 AM
Can anyone tell me whether or not this box can handle Caller ID? I know the service is being provided by our Telco, but calls that come into our PBX aren't presenting the caller's number.

This is a 'clean' PBX in that I reset the system and cleared its memory, before doing basic setup - naming extensions etc. Incoming and outgoing calls work fine and I've enabled CLIP as far as I know using MMC 119.

Any ideas guys (or gals!)

Thanks!

Make Poverty History
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS 816 & Caller ID - 07/02/05 12:55 PM
Do you have the card installed to support caller id?
Posted By: markcosta Re: DCS 816 & Caller ID - 07/02/05 01:48 PM
I've taken on this box from the company that used to occupy this building, so I don't know what boards are installed.

Is there any way to find out what's installed without opening the box? So I guess it doesn't support Caller ID as standard?
Posted By: pvj Re: DCS 816 & Caller ID - 07/04/05 08:23 AM
You need a misc card to run the caller id.In Canada they package the misc card in the with the system so I really can't tell you if you have it or not.You should be able to go into mmc 727 and see if the card exists in the system or just open the cover and see if its physically installed.You also need to assign mmc 414 as cid trunks as well and mmc 312 to enable it for the stations.
Posted By: markcosta Re: DCS 816 & Caller ID - 07/06/05 09:28 AM
Thanks for your help! There's no board inside the machine so I'll search for a UK supplier and get one.

Thanks again,

Mark
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help