atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jim Ezzell iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 07:14 AM
HELP!!!!

I have an iDCS 100 system with the voice mail system. During Hurricane Wilma we lost power for about 5 days. About a week after the power came back on, the SVMi-4 voice mail system went offline and would not come back up. We were told it had died, and since we were out of warranty and close to capacity, we should upgrade to a SVMi-4E. 1 week after this was installed, it went offline and will not come back up. This is the exact same problem we had before the upgrade.

My phone tech has jury duty and is not available today. Any ideas where to look to start diagnosing this problem? I have powered off and on the system several times to no avail...

Thanks!!!

Any idea w
Posted By: pvj Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 08:27 AM
What happens when you press a voicemail key does it go to 500?If so then the voicemail is off line to the phone system.If you can hook up a pc to the SVMi that might help.
Posted By: Jim Ezzell Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 09:14 AM
That is exactly what happens. Let me see if I can connect with the laptop...
Posted By: Jim Ezzell Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 09:44 AM
Okay, I connected and I found the issue. The Voice Mail system is stuck in a reboot loop. It loads DOS, goes through the boot process, loads half of the blue screen and reboots. Any ideas?
Posted By: pvj Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 10:43 AM
Is the compact flash card seated correctly?
Posted By: Jim Ezzell Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 10:54 AM
It is. This system was working fine (in a locked cabinet, nobody touched it) and just stopped working this morning.
Posted By: WRichey Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 12:45 PM
Had the same trouble and found the board that the flash connects to was bad replaced the pcb board and all was well but I think there is an underlying problem, were is the vm mounted (what slot) the reason I ask is the backplane may be your cause (power issue)
Posted By: Jim Ezzell Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 01:04 PM
It's in the Expansion Cabinet. If I am reading this correctly the slots are numbered left to right 1-4. Anyway the first 2 slots are empty, the next is the Voice Mail Card (Slot 3), and the last is my T1 card (Slot 4).
Posted By: WRichey Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 02:12 PM
you have a pm
Paige had this exact problem with a series of SMVI-4e voicemails and it had to do with bad software in the SMVI-4e.

On power up after power failure it was creating a mailbox 500 that should not be created for the operator group or whatever.

She went back to at least six sites and changed the operator group from 500 to 501 and the problem never occured again because no one was using mailbox 500 that the SMVI-4e wants to create on power up.

This is a known bug at Samsung tech support they told her about after she called puzzled. They will pay you exactly zero to go out and change 500 to 501 on their bad software. I don't know what series of revision was bad, I can only hope they fixed it for the sake of everyone out there.
Posted By: pvj Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/16/05 07:26 PM
Bunnie,
Answering a question Ok
Slamming the product and Samsung repeatedly at EVERY chance you get is getting very tiring.
It's unnecessary please refrain from doing it.If you have a problem with Samsung take it up with them directly, stop selling the product whatever it takes.
Posted By: Jim Ezzell Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/17/05 06:54 AM
My phone guy is coming in this morning so I'll let you know the resolution. I really appreciate everyone's help last night, especially wrichey for the extra help working this out...It was extremely helpful!! :toast:

One quick question. I can connect to the voice mail using my laptop, and I can see the screens with no problem, I just can't type...any ideas? Thanks! :bang:
Posted By: pvj Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/17/05 07:09 AM
Ask your phone guy but it could be the cable you're using isn't pinned out right or the SVMi isn't responding.
Posted By: Jim Ezzell Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/17/05 10:08 AM
It appears my problem was a defective card...Thanks again!!
Posted By: WRichey Re: iDCS 100 Problem - No Voice Mail - 11/17/05 12:10 PM
Any Time Jim

Gald to see it ws just the card
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help