atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: WidowPC_guy iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/08/06 09:17 AM
Hello.

I was wondering if the iDCS 100 came with a serial port/lan port needed for SMDR output and connection with the Offiserv products?

Is the Serial port an extra piece of equipment or does it come standard in the bsic KSU system?

Thanks.
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/08/06 10:22 AM
The SMISC-XX board will give you two DB9 connections, one can be used for SMDR. This board is not mandatory but most systems will have one. There are a few different versions of this board depending on the release version (1or2) and the features used. Example SMISC-1A is for release #1 without auto attn. and uses the iDCS500 modem.
Posted By: WidowPC_guy Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/08/06 12:13 PM
Hi.

Can you use a DB9 connection for Offiserv application products(Link,Easy-setup,Call,Operator,OpenTSP)or is the LAN the only method to connect?

Is a LAN port included an the idcs 100 or is this a separate part?

Is the LAN port included in a SMISC-XX board?

Thanks for your help.
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/08/06 06:15 PM
If I was going to build a 100 system here is what I would do. A release 2 cabinet, a mem card, misc; MGI-3; 2x4 sli; WLI; expansion cab would have a SVMi and a T1 if I wanted an well rounded system. CTI is LAN connection. IP/TDM phone mixture needs the MGI, 2x4 SLI is 2 loop start trunks and 4 sli, WLI +Combo24 will give you 4 wireless access points (handsets needed), SVMiE is voicemail and of course a T1. Whew!! I might have missed something but that setup would cover about 90% of any needs of a customer now and in the close future including CTI applications. I would also arrange with your customer to let you access their phone system via IP. Having this setup could save you big $$$ on time and trips expecally in the new IP world....dang soap box! Long winded answer to a short question....again!
Posted By: bigc3310 Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/08/06 07:29 PM
the lan port is on the smcp for ip programming, u can't use the db9 for office serv apps
Posted By: CMDL_GUY Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/09/06 06:22 AM
Well said 1grumpy! smile I would like to add that you must consider which voice-mail, SVMiE-4 or SVMiE-8 will be used as it will determine which expansion cabinet you need when using a T-1 board.
Posted By: WidowPC_guy Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/09/06 10:03 PM
So what your saying is the LAN is a standard part on the iDCS 100 Release 2 which can be used for Officeserv applications and there is no additional hardware needed to get the LAN on an idcs 100 Release 2?

Please let me know if I understand this correctly?

Thanks.
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/10/06 05:20 AM
MGI card for hardware. There is a license key you have to get for Soft Phone, E-gateway. Lot of small details that are cheeper up front because of their discounts to get when you buy a system than later. Also please note that the CTI applications has very specific platform requirements don't try to just get by. Server 2003; 100GHD, speed..ect Best thing to do is find out what all the CTI stuff is then decide. You can get the specifics from Samsung of maybe someone here has them. I also heard that they have some sort of a demo kit that's got a lot of their features in a small case that you can carry to a customer. Might be a 100 R2?????
Posted By: WidowPC_guy Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/10/06 07:10 AM
Originally posted by bigc3310:
the lan port is on the smcp for ip programming, u can't use the db9 for office serv apps
From reading the last couple post, I'm a little confused.

Is the Ethernet(LAN) port on the " SMCP" card or the MGI card?

bigc3310 tell me SMCP card, 1grumpy tells me MGI card.

The offiserv applications I'm looking at are not really point-to-point VOIP but rather CTI applications used in the in the office. Can the SMCP card be used if you are not trying to connect IP phone and other systems but rather just using CTI applications in-house?

Thanks.
Posted By: WRichey Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/10/06 08:35 AM
you are correct the smcp is for apps the mgi is for voip
Posted By: 1grumpy Re: iDCS 100 SMDR output connection? - 02/10/06 08:16 PM
wrichey is 100% correct. CTI license key info goes in MMC 830 MCP & MGI is hardware for IP to TDM
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help