Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello.

I was wondering if the iDCS 100 came with a serial port/lan port needed for SMDR output and connection with the Offiserv products?

Is the Serial port an extra piece of equipment or does it come standard in the bsic KSU system?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The SMISC-XX board will give you two DB9 connections, one can be used for SMDR. This board is not mandatory but most systems will have one. There are a few different versions of this board depending on the release version (1or2) and the features used. Example SMISC-1A is for release #1 without auto attn. and uses the iDCS500 modem.

OP Offline
Hi.

Can you use a DB9 connection for Offiserv application products(Link,Easy-setup,Call,Operator,OpenTSP)or is the LAN the only method to connect?

Is a LAN port included an the idcs 100 or is this a separate part?

Is the LAN port included in a SMISC-XX board?

Thanks for your help.

If I was going to build a 100 system here is what I would do. A release 2 cabinet, a mem card, misc; MGI-3; 2x4 sli; WLI; expansion cab would have a SVMi and a T1 if I wanted an well rounded system. CTI is LAN connection. IP/TDM phone mixture needs the MGI, 2x4 SLI is 2 loop start trunks and 4 sli, WLI +Combo24 will give you 4 wireless access points (handsets needed), SVMiE is voicemail and of course a T1. Whew!! I might have missed something but that setup would cover about 90% of any needs of a customer now and in the close future including CTI applications. I would also arrange with your customer to let you access their phone system via IP. Having this setup could save you big $$$ on time and trips expecally in the new IP world....dang soap box! Long winded answer to a short question....again!

the lan port is on the smcp for ip programming, u can't use the db9 for office serv apps

Well said 1grumpy! smile I would like to add that you must consider which voice-mail, SVMiE-4 or SVMiE-8 will be used as it will determine which expansion cabinet you need when using a T-1 board.

OP Offline
So what your saying is the LAN is a standard part on the iDCS 100 Release 2 which can be used for Officeserv applications and there is no additional hardware needed to get the LAN on an idcs 100 Release 2?

Please let me know if I understand this correctly?

Thanks.

MGI card for hardware. There is a license key you have to get for Soft Phone, E-gateway. Lot of small details that are cheeper up front because of their discounts to get when you buy a system than later. Also please note that the CTI applications has very specific platform requirements don't try to just get by. Server 2003; 100GHD, speed..ect Best thing to do is find out what all the CTI stuff is then decide. You can get the specifics from Samsung of maybe someone here has them. I also heard that they have some sort of a demo kit that's got a lot of their features in a small case that you can carry to a customer. Might be a 100 R2?????

OP Offline
Originally posted by bigc3310:
the lan port is on the smcp for ip programming, u can't use the db9 for office serv apps
From reading the last couple post, I'm a little confused.

Is the Ethernet(LAN) port on the " SMCP" card or the MGI card?

bigc3310 tell me SMCP card, 1grumpy tells me MGI card.

The offiserv applications I'm looking at are not really point-to-point VOIP but rather CTI applications used in the in the office. Can the SMCP card be used if you are not trying to connect IP phone and other systems but rather just using CTI applications in-house?

Thanks.

you are correct the smcp is for apps the mgi is for voip

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,993 CTX100 install
188,221 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 51 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024