atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DiscountCall_Rob Need VoIP Help - 07/05/06 06:07 PM
I am trying to connect a softphone with a 500 R2 3 Cabinet system. I recently upgraded the system to R2 and added MGI3 card.

The Customer runs a call center and is picking up a new client that needs the ability to barge from afar.

I do not have my ITP certification yet, I will be taking the class in Atlanta on 7/31/06 providing it doesn't get cancelled.

I have connected the MGI3 to the network and input the IP settings for the card. The customer is doing the neccesary port forwarding. I put the license key for the softphone in MMC 841, but I am now thinking that was wrong. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: SooprmanX Re: Need VoIP Help - 07/05/06 07:06 PM
In order to connect from an Internet connection you will need to have a public IP address from your ISP. You will point all traffic from that Public IP address to the private IP address of the MCP2 card in the phone system. Or you could jsut program the MCP2 card to be the public IP address and it should work as long as you put all the correct information in the gateway and subnet fields.
Posted By: BacherJr Re: Need VoIP Help - 07/06/06 06:35 AM
PM Sent
Posted By: zingaro Re: Need VoIP Help - 10/16/07 07:56 AM
I have a problem where the Ip phones will receive audio from the other end but they hear nothing from the Ip phone itp-5114d
I get the feeling there are two ports required to be set in the phone system location's router one incoming and one outgoing. at present I have only one set
Posted By: benb Re: Need VoIP Help - 10/16/07 08:52 AM
PM Sent
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help