atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dalionlv DCS Prostar - 09/28/06 09:45 AM
Hello all again,

I have my voicemail system and Autoattendant and call groups up again. However, I'm having a problem that when someone calls and gets to the autoattendant when they hang up the system does not hang up the call. It continues to cycle through the call group. Is there something I missed in the setup?
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: DCS Prostar - 09/28/06 02:41 PM
Please post a scenario of how this happens.

As I understand you, a caller reaches the auto attendent, takes no action and hangs up but the call is still connected. Somehow I don't think this is your real scenario.
Posted By: benb Re: DCS Prostar - 09/28/06 03:35 PM
possible trunk not releasing issue. What voicemail system are you using? Some have some parameters that can help and also on the PBX side what are the trunks set up as PBX or CO trunks?
Posted By: WRichey Re: DCS Prostar - 09/28/06 04:25 PM
what type of lines are you useing are they pots? or Vonage type lines.

if you set one line to ring 201 and call in does it hang up?

the Cadence also has a disconnect on silence setting have you checked it?
Posted By: dalionlv Re: DCS Prostar - 09/29/06 07:01 AM
Bunny,
Yes that is what is happening. Caller dials in gets AA. hangs up and the call loops through. never releases.

benb,
I am using cadence and I believe they are just CO trunks.

wrichy,

pots I think they are.

all the lines ring to 201 except two backdoor lines.

I have not checked the disconnect on silence...can you point me in the direction to check that.
Posted By: Connextions1 Re: DCS Prostar - 09/29/06 07:27 AM
Have you verified that the lines disconnect properly without Voicemail?

The best way to do that is to call into the system and answer the call. Then hang up on the remote side, watch the call key if it goes out quickly then it is not a line issue it is a voicemail issue. If it stays lit then you need to do the same thing but after the connection is made physically remove that line from the block, if the call key turns off immediately then it proves the problem is with the line and you need to either adjust your disconnect timer (MMC 503 Super.Timer)or contact your Carrier and see if they are sending a disconnect signal.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help