atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bavltd VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/30/07 06:08 AM
Hi

I have just installed an OfficeServ 7100 system, but would like to disable the AA function so that if a call is not answered it will go straight to a group voicemail message.

I have set up the group mailbox as ext 505 and the voicemail is working fine. When callers get diverted to the extension they hear a message saying "I'm sorry that party is not available" and then they hear the VM OGM.

I have set the group type to Bi-VMS (which I think is correct) but this doesn't help and so I think I need to hypertermial in to switch the AA off.

The 7100 has a RJ45 connector for it SIO port. Can someone tell me the pin configuration for it to a 9pin D connector?

Can you tell me what I need to do in hyperterminal to turn the AA off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jonathan
Posted By: Rowlettdon Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/30/07 07:04 AM
From the type of questions you are asking you need to be trained by Samsung or have a dealer assist you. The 7100 is a new product and talking to it is different (LAN only). The SIO connector is only for Samsung Product Development or Tech Support access. To access the voicemail you will use IE. Inside the voicemail it's still the basic stuff. Record primary no-answer greetings, name, directory...
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/30/07 11:11 AM
Originally posted by bavltd:
I have set the group type to Bi-VMS (which I think is correct) but this doesn't help and so I think I need to hypertermial in to switch the AA off.
You want group type to be normal. Only your actual VM Group should be Bi-VMS.

From what you've posted, it should be working. How did you create the extension and mailbox in the SVMi? Did you use the system administration through a keyset?
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/30/07 11:22 AM
Perhaps I should be clear. Ext 501 - 504 are all set to normal, ext 505 is set to Bi-VMS. Is that correct or should 505 be set to Normal as well?
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/30/07 11:25 AM
What are your members for 505? If they are the extensions, it should be set to Normal. If your members are your voicemail ports, it should be set to Bi-VMS.
Posted By: Cracker Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/30/07 04:24 PM
Put an extension, say 301, in group 505. Should be the only extension there. Set overflow in 505 to 1 sec. Make sure you have the no answer greeting recorded for mailbox 301.
In mmc 502 set no answer forward for 301 to 1 sec. In mmc 722 put an mw button set to 301 on the extension to be used to monitor the general mailbox.
Should work great.
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/30/07 11:09 PM
This is sounding way too complicated way too fast. Your description is a bit vague. If 505 is a station group, then it would be normal with overflow to bi-vms group of 519. You then put rules in the vms so that 505 will route properly to either main menu or vm mbx, etc. It sounds like you have 505 ovfl to 519 then there is a mbx for 505 so that you are getting the generic greeting for 505. You have not set your routing yet in the vms.
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/31/07 03:51 AM
Hi, you need to set group 505 to normal, i installed one of these yesterday and have the same problem, tech support could not give me an answer either! it doesn't work how it usually would on all other vm products which is strange.
after sleeping on it i think possibly group vm boxes will have to be entered in fwd stn menu? not sure about this but working from home today and have a 7100 here which i am going to take a good look at!
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/31/07 04:05 AM
Thank you all for your help.
This is what I have set up at the moment.
Group 501 contains ext 201-204 and is set to Normal
The overflow for 501 is set to 5 sec and the overflow goes to 519 (changed from 505)
519 contains 301-304 and is set to Bi-VMS
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/31/07 05:55 AM
Thats correct but doesn't seem to work on the 7100, try tech sup and see if they can set up and test it.
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/31/07 11:59 AM
Hi bavltd,

I have it set up and tested, if you put group 501 into fwd station menu on the vm.
eg; 501 - goto - MBX - 501
Set a key on each phone as MW501 (no VG keys on 7100)

ensure there is a mailbox for group 501 not just an extension (set it through vmadm key as is quicker)

dial 501 and watch your vm status screen to see if all correct routing.
Posted By: KX-T308 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/31/07 03:17 PM
This might be a strange question, but have u licensed the voicemail? Because if you don't it won't work.
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/31/07 06:33 PM
UK may be different than the us, i dont know. But the 7100 works exactly like 7400, 7200, with 20E in the UCD respect. You need a station group set as UCD Group. Put your members in that group. Overflow and Next port to another station group. I used 518. You do not want to next port to BIVMS. 518 will be set as VMS-UCD type. Put all your vm ports in the BI-VMS group. Set MMC 607 for prompts and all out to final, etc. You MUST have a member logged into your UCD group for testing. Make sure that all logged in members are in a busy condition and call the group, you will see that after the ovflw timer in 601 expires, the call goes into the queue and will transfer to a member when it comes available. This works like a champ. This applies to all 7400,7200 and 7100 applications. It also applies to 100, 500, except that you need an AA card or proper Misc card for the AA ports and that you will use an AA type station group instead of VMS-UCD.

And sorry KX, you don't need vm licensing in the US.

I hope this helps. This is a good outline for UCD in general.
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 05/31/07 06:34 PM
OH yeah i forgot to mention...YES, you must still use 519 for the vm and 518 will be AA. You do not want to use the same group number for both applications. wont work.
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/01/07 06:38 AM
In uk, svm-i and mgi are installed on mp10 card and activated via licence key.
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/01/07 07:17 AM
Hi Leemc1978

Thanks for your post. I have set up the MW501 key and have a mailbox for 501. When a message is left the light blinks and can be collected from any extension.

I'm not quite sure where to set the the fwd station though. Could you clarify?

Many thanks

Jonathan
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/01/07 09:26 AM
No problem, go to the vm/aa tab and click on 'open block table'
click on 'menu' in the left hand column.
click on 'FWD STN' menu and enter the following into an empty row:
501 goto MBX 501
click on 'save & exit'

it sounds like its working already how you have set it up (same as a normal svm-i)

I am having problems all over the place as when i logged out and back in half my programming for the voicemail disappeared!!
looks to me that the software/hardware is not up to scratch yet and it may take a few months and the odd sw upgrade to steady it up.
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/01/07 10:23 AM
Thanks leemc1978 everything is working great.

I agree withthe software/hardware updates. Some very strange things happen. I've found I just push the save button everytime I change something just in case.

Thanks once again for your help.

You haven't got any experience of ITP volume levels have you?? I've put another post up.
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/24/07 05:19 AM
So, everything has been working fine for just over two weeks, but now the system seems to have reverted back to its original setup.

Everything seems to be the same in the VM Menu Block settings, but I thought I would delete the 502/503/504 mbx re-directs and put them back in just to check nothing had been scrambled.

Now I can't seem to add all three at the same time. I can only add one entry ie 502 Goto MBX 502. I then save and try and add the second 503 Goto MBX 503. When I save this the reloaded page just shows the 503 line and deletes the 502 entry. I know I have been able to do this before but now it just won't save all the entries. mad

Is there something wrong with my system, should I be sending it back, or is there something else to try?

Jonathan
Posted By: leemc1978 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/24/07 04:34 PM
Check your licence key hasn't 'mysteriously' disappeared, this seems to be a bug. if so you will need to enter license again and default vm.
it keeps dropping random bits of programming and i can't see why but its getting annoying. i have one set up with a public ip so i log in a few times a day at the moment to keep an eye on it, and its still dropping bits of vm. :bang:
Posted By: Shawn_Samsung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/27/07 08:47 AM
Things seem to have gotten really complex in this discussion so I will start with the original post:

Originally posted by bavltd:
Hi

I have just installed an OfficeServ 7100 system, but would like to disable the AA function so that if a call is not answered it will go straight to a group voicemail message.

I have set up the group mailbox as ext 505 and the voicemail is working fine. When callers get diverted to the extension they hear a message saying "I'm sorry that party is not available" and then they hear the VM OGM.

The 7100 has a RJ45 connector for it SIO port. Can someone tell me the pin configuration for it to a 9pin D connector?

Can you tell me what I need to do in hyperterminal to turn the AA off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jonathan
"I'm sorry, that party is unavailable" IS the voicemail, not the AA. It is the default Primary No Answer Greeting.

This is actually a VERY common question in tech support, they answer it probably 50 times a day.

In the voicemail there are 2 parts to a subscriber: an EXT block and a MBX block.

The MBX block carries one greeting: the mailbox greeting which is set under option 7 when you go to the personal greetings admin.

But the mailbox is not what answers when a call forwards to voicemail, the extension (EXT) is. This is because you may want to set up Find Me, or an Alternate number, or allow the user to reroute from a single digit menus or something. The MBX can't handle that kind of thing, as all it does it take messages and deliver them.

The EXT has a series of recordable greetings, 1 through 9. They are used to set the 4 major greeting types: Primary No Answer, Busy, Blocked, and Screened. By default all call modes are answered with the Primary No Answer Greeting (which is why it's called Primiary, it means it will be used if no other is set).

The default action after the PNAG is to go to the MBX. If no PNAG has been recorded, then the default is used and when the MBX is reached the MBX greeting will play. This is why you get what's happening to you.

To fix it all you need to do is record a Primary No Answer Greeting. Once it has been recorded then when the EXT passess off to the MBX it tells the MBX not to play the MBX greeting. So all the user will hear is the PNAG (the message you want them to hear) then they will get the message beep.

Problem solved.

Hope it helps!

EDIT: Oh, and to answer the programming thing: you don't use HyperTerm, you use IE. The AA and VM are the same program so you can't turn either one off, but you can program the system such that VM isn't used (delete all MBX blocks) or AA isn't used (don't allow any routing to MNU blocks).
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/28/07 05:24 AM
Thanks Shawn,

So would I be right in thinking that the PNAG is independent per extension? The customer operates three companies from the same office, and so needs three different messages for the group mailbox. These are set up as 502, 503 & 504. Each mailbox currently has its own message, but by doing what you say will bypass the MBX message and play the PNAG.

Is this correct??

Thanks

Jonathan
Posted By: FTT388 Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 06/30/07 05:18 PM
Hi:
The PNAG is part of the extension block. When you record a greeting for the No Ans Greeting, it will played when the call is transfer (because of the no answer status) to the mailbox of the sation group. The number 7 greeting is one you will hear when you have setup in the menus (such as one key selections) to goto a mailbox and not transfer to the TDM. That how I use it.
Posted By: Shawn_Samsung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/02/07 03:16 PM
Jonathan,

You are correct, it is per extension, so each of the 3 extension blocks would need a PNAG recorded.

And technically the Mailbox isn't bypassed by the PNAG, it's overridden by it. The EXT block is checked first, so the PNAG plays first, and if it is recorded then the mailbox greeting won't play when its' turn comes around.
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/03/07 04:37 AM
ok so I understand the process and why it happens, but can someone point me in the right direction of being able to record a PNAG?

I think i've been everywhere and can't find it.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/06/07 12:36 PM
To record the PNAG,

- Access voicemail for that extension
- Enter the password for that extension
- Press "5" for Personal Greetings
- Press "1" for Primary Greeting
- Follow prompts
Posted By: Shawn_Samsung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/09/07 09:41 AM
Yeah, what he said...
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/10/07 06:38 AM
Tried that, it didn't work.
When I press 5 then 1 I hear the message that i've recorded for the mailbox.

When an external caller rings they still get "I'm sorry, that party is unavailable"

I'm probably being really thick now but I don't get it.
Posted By: Shawn_Samsung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/10/07 07:18 AM
If you press 5 then 1 and you do hear your recording then it means you have recorded your PNAG. 5 then 7 is the Mailbox block greeting.

When you press 5 listen to the options, what does she rattle off for you as far as things that can be recorded?

When you call in to that extension right now what do you hear? Because if the PNAG is recorded and set then you won't hear the "I'm sorry that party is unavailable" unless you are actually hitting a different extension block (which you could see from port activity)
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/10/07 07:56 AM
When I just press 5 she just says "Mailbox Greeting" and then my current OGM plays. There are no other options.

When I call the group from an extension I get "If you know the extension of the person you are calling you may enter it now." Day Main becomes the active block

If I call from an external line I get "I'm sorry that party is not availble, to leave a message press 1" followed by my OGM. The acive block is BAV VM which is my subscribers name for the group mailbox - 502
Posted By: Shawn_Samsung Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/10/07 09:17 AM
If you press 5 and the only option is the mailbox greeting it means either the EClass for the block you are logging into is set for No Greeting, or you don't have an Extension block.

If you call from an extension and get the Day Main Menu then it means either some serious programming changes have occurred or there are no Extensions built for your system. Check the Subscriber List and make sure that there are extensions for every station and mailboxes for whomever needs them, as well as extension blocks assigned to every Mailbox block.

When there are no voicemail licenses in the 7100 the symptom is that all mailbox blocks are permanently flagged Announce Only. So even if you don't have voicemail licenses you should still be able to record all greetings and get the correct greetings. I think maybe there's just an issue with your extension blocks...
Posted By: bavltd Re: VM AA - Turn off AA - 07/11/07 05:36 AM
Thank everyone for your help.

I've re-initialised the VM database followed Shawn & CIT's instruction and now everything works like it should - and it was painless to setup. Something obviously got fried somewhere along the line.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help