web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#429173 06/27/07 04:47 AM
Things seem to have gotten really complex in this discussion so I will start with the original post:

Originally posted by bavltd:
Hi

I have just installed an OfficeServ 7100 system, but would like to disable the AA function so that if a call is not answered it will go straight to a group voicemail message.

I have set up the group mailbox as ext 505 and the voicemail is working fine. When callers get diverted to the extension they hear a message saying "I'm sorry that party is not available" and then they hear the VM OGM.

I have set the group type to Bi-VMS (which I think is correct) but this doesn't help and so I think I need to hypertermial in to switch the AA off.

The 7100 has a RJ45 connector for it SIO port. Can someone tell me the pin configuration for it to a 9pin D connector?

Can you tell me what I need to do in hyperterminal to turn the AA off?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jonathan
"I'm sorry, that party is unavailable" IS the voicemail, not the AA. It is the default Primary No Answer Greeting.

This is actually a VERY common question in tech support, they answer it probably 50 times a day.

In the voicemail there are 2 parts to a subscriber: an EXT block and a MBX block.

The MBX block carries one greeting: the mailbox greeting which is set under option 7 when you go to the personal greetings admin.

But the mailbox is not what answers when a call forwards to voicemail, the extension (EXT) is. This is because you may want to set up Find Me, or an Alternate number, or allow the user to reroute from a single digit menus or something. The MBX can't handle that kind of thing, as all it does it take messages and deliver them.

The EXT has a series of recordable greetings, 1 through 9. They are used to set the 4 major greeting types: Primary No Answer, Busy, Blocked, and Screened. By default all call modes are answered with the Primary No Answer Greeting (which is why it's called Primiary, it means it will be used if no other is set).

The default action after the PNAG is to go to the MBX. If no PNAG has been recorded, then the default is used and when the MBX is reached the MBX greeting will play. This is why you get what's happening to you.

To fix it all you need to do is record a Primary No Answer Greeting. Once it has been recorded then when the EXT passess off to the MBX it tells the MBX not to play the MBX greeting. So all the user will hear is the PNAG (the message you want them to hear) then they will get the message beep.

Problem solved.

Hope it helps!

EDIT: Oh, and to answer the programming thing: you don't use HyperTerm, you use IE. The AA and VM are the same program so you can't turn either one off, but you can program the system such that VM isn't used (delete all MBX blocks) or AA isn't used (don't allow any routing to MNU blocks).

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
Samsung Telecommunications
sguenther@sta.samsung.com
Statements by the above are personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Samsung Telecommunications America.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#429174 06/28/07 01:24 AM
bavltd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Shawn,

So would I be right in thinking that the PNAG is independent per extension? The customer operates three companies from the same office, and so needs three different messages for the group mailbox. These are set up as 502, 503 & 504. Each mailbox currently has its own message, but by doing what you say will bypass the MBX message and play the PNAG.

Is this correct??

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan
#429175 06/30/07 01:18 PM
Hi:
The PNAG is part of the extension block. When you record a greeting for the No Ans Greeting, it will played when the call is transfer (because of the no answer status) to the mailbox of the sation group. The number 7 greeting is one you will hear when you have setup in the menus (such as one key selections) to goto a mailbox and not transfer to the TDM. That how I use it.

FTorres388
Calm seas do not make skilled sailors.
#429176 07/02/07 11:16 AM
Jonathan,

You are correct, it is per extension, so each of the 3 extension blocks would need a PNAG recorded.

And technically the Mailbox isn't bypassed by the PNAG, it's overridden by it. The EXT block is checked first, so the PNAG plays first, and if it is recorded then the mailbox greeting won't play when its' turn comes around.

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
Statements by the above are personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Samsung Telecommunications America.
#429177 07/03/07 12:37 AM
bavltd Offline OP
OP Offline
ok so I understand the process and why it happens, but can someone point me in the right direction of being able to record a PNAG?

I think i've been everywhere and can't find it.

Jonathan
#429178 07/06/07 08:36 AM
To record the PNAG,

- Access voicemail for that extension
- Enter the password for that extension
- Press "5" for Personal Greetings
- Press "1" for Primary Greeting
- Follow prompts

#429179 07/09/07 05:41 AM
Yeah, what he said...

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
#429180 07/10/07 02:38 AM
bavltd Offline OP
OP Offline
Tried that, it didn't work.
When I press 5 then 1 I hear the message that i've recorded for the mailbox.

When an external caller rings they still get "I'm sorry, that party is unavailable"

I'm probably being really thick now but I don't get it.

Jonathan
#429181 07/10/07 03:18 AM
If you press 5 then 1 and you do hear your recording then it means you have recorded your PNAG. 5 then 7 is the Mailbox block greeting.

When you press 5 listen to the options, what does she rattle off for you as far as things that can be recorded?

When you call in to that extension right now what do you hear? Because if the PNAG is recorded and set then you won't hear the "I'm sorry that party is unavailable" unless you are actually hitting a different extension block (which you could see from port activity)

----------------------
Shawn Guenther
Product Engineer
#429182 07/10/07 03:56 AM
bavltd Offline OP
OP Offline
When I just press 5 she just says "Mailbox Greeting" and then my current OGM plays. There are no other options.

When I call the group from an extension I get "If you know the extension of the person you are calling you may enter it now." Day Main becomes the active block

If I call from an external line I get "I'm sorry that party is not availble, to leave a message press 1" followed by my OGM. The acive block is BAV VM which is my subscribers name for the group mailbox - 502

Jonathan
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,400 Shoretel
189,150 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 169 guests, and 441 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024