atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bestboards 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 07/31/07 12:24 PM
Holy smokes. We just upgraded a customer with a 500 to 2.69. The system is configured with PRI's and MGI's. Two days after the upgrade they are reporting that a few outside callers phoned in to their company and the phone rang as normal. Example 1- The called party (system 500 owner) did not hear the phone ring. The outside calling party, after hearing the normal ring cadence, then heard the phone stop ringing followed by conversations of the called party (system 500 owner). The outside callers voice could not be heard but rather the outside caller could hear conversations going on with users (system 500 owner). The phone was not answered by the called party (system 500 owner). There were no indications that a call came in. The calling party phoned back to explain what happened and even shared the conversation they heard such as private banking information along with other discussions.

Anyone else have this issue?
Posted By: Cracker Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 07/31/07 01:54 PM
New one on me.
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 07/31/07 10:52 PM
Maybe improper QoS. Some type of cross talk? TDM phones? IP phones? sw levels? More info please. This one sounds interesting. What was the scenario? Can you reproduce?
Posted By: Rezen Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/01/07 02:48 AM
I know this bug.

2 OS500 v2.69 connected via E1 QSIG

Incoming call (via PRI card) to PBX A transfered to Ext# PBX B.
Secretary PBX A wait some seconds then press TRSF key.
But call isn't returned, it's disappear.

External calling party now can hear surrounding area
via Ext microphone Secrectary Stn, or hear secretary call like barge-in.
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/01/07 08:02 AM
Rezen,

Very interesting information. Thank you. When did you start experiencing this? Did you have a previous version of software? The reason I ask is because after I posted this message I phoned Samsungs Largest Distributor and the have an end user that is having this same issue. Prior to 2.69, all was fine but poo poo hit the fan when upgraded to 2.69. According to the Distributor, Samsung Technical Support showed up on site and could not fix. The hardware and software were replaced and the system was defaulted and reprogrammed via the phone (TWICE). The problem still exists.

We are having this issue with a Medical Facility and here in the United States HIPAA is an issue and currently a Violation.

I need HELP. Anyone have an answer?
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/01/07 09:52 AM
Wow...

I also had problems with two networked 100's that had version 2.69.

The most common problem was as follows...

CO Trunk call comes into System A, transfers across the network via the T1 to the Central Operator on System B. Central Operator does an announced transfer back across the network to an extension at Site A... but the her call goes back across the SAME channel and the caller is able to hear the conversation between the Central Operator and the extension. Then when Central Operator releases the call to the extension the caller is dropped and has to call back.

The customer got burned bad once because the person who answered the extension had some "unpleasant" things to say about the caller... who heard EVERYTHING!

I spent two weeks with Samsung and they were unable to find any solution!
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/01/07 02:18 PM
CIT,

Please read a Private message.
Posted By: benb Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/01/07 03:26 PM
They have made some changes I beleive in the newer software to not use two channels when a call gets transfered to a remote node then back again to the main node so that it more or less releases that channel. I'm thinking that it's a bug that Samsung should know about. Has any one reported this to Samsung yet?
Posted By: WRichey Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/01/07 09:31 PM
Bestboards thank you for taking this private.

For all others please do not post information that is not readily available in a user or admin guide.

This topic needs to be continued in private and with Samsung. Thank you for understanding.

As for helping fix this issue there are plenty of well qualified people here that may be able to help. Still the best thing I can suggest is that since you are local to the manufacturer. Contact them and have them document the issue. This will help improve the product and reduce the chances of other dealers having the same issue in the future.
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/02/07 06:44 AM
Benb,

I reported to my Distributor who claims they will report to Samsung. I will also report the Samsungs associated RSM. I suggest that any Samsung Direct Dealer with this issue also report to Samsung.
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/03/07 06:50 AM
This is getting a bit more crazy. When conversations are taking place, outside callers can no longer be heard from the internal phone user but the outside caller can hear the internal users. Similar to Cell calls when only one party can hear.

I need HELP! Yes reported to Samsung
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/03/07 07:10 AM
Rezen,

Please read Private Message
Posted By: pvj Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/03/07 11:51 AM
bestboards,
I think it is clear that this is a 2.69 software release bug.Why don't you downgrade your customer back to their previous software version until Samsung can correct the problem.It sounds to me that they have seen the problem but don't have a fix yet.
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/03/07 09:45 PM
Is this reproducible in any scenario? Samsung usually escalates when you report somthing reproducible.
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/05/07 06:22 PM
According to the end user, this is happening multiple times a day. It can not be produced on demand.

Anyone aware of Diagnostics tools that can assist in this? Perhaps some sort of TRACE files that can be forwarded to Samsung for a remedy in a swift and timely fashion...
Posted By: Rezen Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/09/07 12:35 AM
Taste new v2.70 (OS500)! smile smile smile
I should have looked here sooner.

I just installed an OS 500 2.69 L Version. This is a stand alone system with 4 PRI's and 96 stations. It is basically a call center. Calls come in through UCD groups. My customer is experiencing dropped calls, and i now have several complaints that they are hanging up with a customer and getting a call back later with their customer saying they could still hear the conversations.

As a bandaid i disabled the microphones on all the phones.

I will be reverting to the 2.66 ASAP.
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/14/07 06:38 AM
Discount Call,

Read your Private Message
Posted By: Tip & Ring Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/15/07 10:33 AM
Has anybody found a way to solve this. I just did a new install of a 500 R2 ver 2.69 and I am having the same problem. The even bigger problem is that this is happening to a law firm.
Posted By: bestboards Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/15/07 11:10 AM
Tip & Ring

Read your Private Message.
Posted By: TELCOM Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/15/07 03:21 PM
Mods can this be taken to the installer forum so we dont have to communicate with PM's. Obviously there is a major issue going on here that all Samung dealers need to be aware of.
Posted By: pvj Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/15/07 05:28 PM
While I think this subject is beyond the levelof the average"user" I am a bit reluctant to move it yet to the Installer category as not everyone would have access to it ie the original poster.Guys like I said it is obviously a bug in 2.69 and asking for a fix here is probably not going to get you anywhere if the manufacturer has not been able to fix or reproduce it yet.While I appreciate the problems this is causing your best course of action at this point is to deal direct with Samsung if you are a dealer or your distributor.That is where you should direct your energy and put the pressure on to escalate a solution.I'm sure when a fix comes out someone will post it here,until then downgrade the system software if you can.
Posted By: WRichey Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/15/07 06:15 PM
Agreed.
Posted By: Rezen Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/15/07 11:29 PM
New v2.70 is issued to fix this bug.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/17/07 02:23 PM
Rezen,

FWIW, version 2.70 has not been released. If you have it, you are testing an unreleased version. (I'm not saying someone at Samsung didn't send it to you, I am only saying it has not been released.)
Rezen,

What's 2.70 all about? Had Samsung explained that it will fix this problem? Did they actually specify this fixes the issue?

Are they giving you 2.70B?

Keep us informed. PLEASE.
Posted By: Rezen Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/19/07 11:45 PM
v2.70 is intermediate version. It's issued to fix the crosstalk bug specially.

OK! v2.70 may be named Beta, Test version ect.

If you want to fix the bug, taste it, or downgrade to v2.60.

"Are they giving you 2.70B? "

Yes 2.70T
Next must be 4.xx :-/
This is interesting. Please report back the results. I heard that 2.66 may be the downgrade to perform but have not received confirmation on this version either.
I have some updated information that may be useful for some of you. "Apparently" 2.66 also has the same issue's as 2.69's unauthorized conference calling. BUT, "Apparently" 2.66 only works properly with the T1 in the first slot of the 500's. If you have multiple T1's ...expect the unauthorized conferencing issue's.

Anyone receive any "Announcements" or "Product Bulletins" about this?

Please PM me if you have to.
Rezen,

Do you have any updates on 2.70?
I got confirmation from Samsung that they do have a fix for this that will be on the next software release. It is a new processor load that resolves the problem.

They would not and could not confirm if this in the 2.70 (not released yet) or if it will be a different software version altogether. They also could not give me a release date of the software.

I'm sorry if this isn't the greatest news in the world, but i will give you updates as i get them.
O.K. I need to understand this. Samsung knows their is a problem with the current release 2.69. I haven't seen (or heard) of what we can do to "Avoid" this issue. First we heard that rolling back to 2.66 does the trick but later discovered that's not a truely accurate statement.

So what software will avoid this BIG issue?

Is 2.69 still being shipped? Please tell me no...
Posted By: Sam Sung Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/29/07 07:52 PM
I think im going to start writing boards just to vent. How does that sound?
I think [accurate] answers would be better...
Posted By: pvj Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 08/30/07 06:04 PM
Last warning to continue this in the PM mode or it will get locked down.
Rezen,

Any word on the 2.70 yet?
Posted By: Rezen Re: 500 2.69 Unauthorized Conference - 09/17/07 12:12 AM
Unfortunately clients don't want any experiments, and all stops after downgrade to v2.60. frown
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help