web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Holy smokes. We just upgraded a customer with a 500 to 2.69. The system is configured with PRI's and MGI's. Two days after the upgrade they are reporting that a few outside callers phoned in to their company and the phone rang as normal. Example 1- The called party (system 500 owner) did not hear the phone ring. The outside calling party, after hearing the normal ring cadence, then heard the phone stop ringing followed by conversations of the called party (system 500 owner). The outside callers voice could not be heard but rather the outside caller could hear conversations going on with users (system 500 owner). The phone was not answered by the called party (system 500 owner). There were no indications that a call came in. The calling party phoned back to explain what happened and even shared the conversation they heard such as private banking information along with other discussions.

Anyone else have this issue?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

New one on me.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com
Maybe improper QoS. Some type of cross talk? TDM phones? IP phones? sw levels? More info please. This one sounds interesting. What was the scenario? Can you reproduce?

I know this bug.

2 OS500 v2.69 connected via E1 QSIG

Incoming call (via PRI card) to PBX A transfered to Ext# PBX B.
Secretary PBX A wait some seconds then press TRSF key.
But call isn't returned, it's disappear.

External calling party now can hear surrounding area
via Ext microphone Secrectary Stn, or hear secretary call like barge-in.

OP Offline
Rezen,

Very interesting information. Thank you. When did you start experiencing this? Did you have a previous version of software? The reason I ask is because after I posted this message I phoned Samsungs Largest Distributor and the have an end user that is having this same issue. Prior to 2.69, all was fine but poo poo hit the fan when upgraded to 2.69. According to the Distributor, Samsung Technical Support showed up on site and could not fix. The hardware and software were replaced and the system was defaulted and reprogrammed via the phone (TWICE). The problem still exists.

We are having this issue with a Medical Facility and here in the United States HIPAA is an issue and currently a Violation.

I need HELP. Anyone have an answer?

Wow...

I also had problems with two networked 100's that had version 2.69.

The most common problem was as follows...

CO Trunk call comes into System A, transfers across the network via the T1 to the Central Operator on System B. Central Operator does an announced transfer back across the network to an extension at Site A... but the her call goes back across the SAME channel and the caller is able to hear the conversation between the Central Operator and the extension. Then when Central Operator releases the call to the extension the caller is dropped and has to call back.

The customer got burned bad once because the person who answered the extension had some "unpleasant" things to say about the caller... who heard EVERYTHING!

I spent two weeks with Samsung and they were unable to find any solution!

OP Offline
CIT,

Please read a Private message.

They have made some changes I beleive in the newer software to not use two channels when a call gets transfered to a remote node then back again to the main node so that it more or less releases that channel. I'm thinking that it's a bug that Samsung should know about. Has any one reported this to Samsung yet?

Bestboards thank you for taking this private.

For all others please do not post information that is not readily available in a user or admin guide.

This topic needs to be continued in private and with Samsung. Thank you for understanding.

As for helping fix this issue there are plenty of well qualified people here that may be able to help. Still the best thing I can suggest is that since you are local to the manufacturer. Contact them and have them document the issue. This will help improve the product and reduce the chances of other dealers having the same issue in the future.

OP Offline
Benb,

I reported to my Distributor who claims they will report to Samsung. I will also report the Samsungs associated RSM. I suggest that any Samsung Direct Dealer with this issue also report to Samsung.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,328 CTX100 install
187,093 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024