atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Howie21 fax server behind a 7200 - 12/18/07 01:24 PM
Got a 7200 with PRI with 20 DID's. Am trying to get a DID to go to fax server(ananlog intergration- using analog ports off of 7200). The digits are not making it to the fax server. Any suggestions?????
Posted By: Howie21 Re: fax server behind a 7200 - 12/18/07 01:43 PM
I always forget to search the forum for other answers first. I found most of the info I need except for tailoring MMC xxx. Any help will be appreciated.
Posted By: oztt Re: fax server behind a 7200 - 12/18/07 01:48 PM
Do you have a analogue card on you system if so find out the extension (easiest way is to call a display phone) then via Admin programming go xxx and point DID to extension.
Posted By: Howie21 Re: fax server behind a 7200 - 12/18/07 01:51 PM
need more info than that. I need to pass the DID info to the fax server via analog port on the 7200. The DID info will get the fax to the correct person.
Posted By: Hi-C Re: fax server behind a 7200 - 12/18/07 03:15 PM
It's been a while since I've done this but here's what I remember.

You'll need to use virtual extensions. Ring the various DID numbers to the virtual extensions as oztt mentioned. Have the virtual extensions forward always to the hunt group with the analog ports connected to the fax server.

You may need to program the analog ports (connected to fax server) and hunt group as vm ports/group to have the digits follow. Set the hunt group to ring sequential and set-up much the same way you would a third-party voice mail system. May want to put a digit grabber on your analog ports to confirm what is being sent from 7200 to fax server and may need to tweak the settings/boxes in the fax server to match in order to place the call to the correct user.

PM me if you need more detailed info and I'll pull out my notes.
Posted By: Howie21 Re: fax server behind a 7200 - 12/18/07 06:36 PM
Thanks for the info HiC. I am a consultant helping a customer out. He is building the server from scratch and will have the boards next week after christmas. I will PM you if we need your notes. Happy Holidays.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help