atcomsystems.ca/forum
One of our techs was doing a 7400 v4.14k to v4.30i upgrade and took the step to upload the LP40 - didn't wait the apparent 30+ minutes it takes to complete (NOT in upgrade instructions) - did an 811 reset.

Toasted the LP40 firmware. No we have an entire 7400 down. Good times! Our supply house does not stock the LP40 anywhere nationally.

Just FYI, wait 30-40 minutes apparently.
ouch
When you say "not in the upgrade instructions" I think you are mistaken. It says in the instructions that after the LP40 firware is uploaded "the system will reboot" not for you to reset it.
The tech claims on the 7200 it never reboots, don't know if that is a fact or not ...
Anyone want to hire this guy? Min wage? LOL
Oh nice, when things go wrong blame the Tech, and I bet he was doing it outside business hours, giving up his and maybe his families time, real nice. LOL
There is always the potential for making a mistake in the upgrade process, anyone of us can screw-up. This is why we ALWAYS bring another ALREADY upgraded processor or firmware with us as a back-up. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Marc - thanks for your help with his screw up.

As for the tech, we are good friends. It is company policy here to harass based on mistakes made on service calls. His name on his ITP home phone has already been changed to 'CRASH.' Called him at 6am to ask if he fixed it yet. His ringtone has been changed to the Keyboard Cat (Fail). Told him the card cost 10x more than it does, etc.
What a way to learn the hard way at that i am sure every one has made at lest one mistake mine was forgetting to [put the battery switch on. lucky i had done a back up .as it had taken me nearly all day to do programing
Glad to have helped...

I enjoy trying to fix problems like this because I always learn something at the same time.

I am also going to get good at fixing LP cards because I corrupted our card trying to duplicate Jerry's problem! Oh well, it's just more practice!
Just wanted to say thanks a million for your help with that 7400, Marc. You're the best!
RotaryDial -

Marc saved your butt from having to go back to work at Radio Shack. Thanks to Marc you only get a verbal beating, a paycut, and an epic fail in your employee file.

At least the customer only suffered very minimal downtime.

Three years from now we will be talking about how you crashed a perfectly good 100+ phone system. In detail. Over and over again.

Other than that, have a nice day.
Believe it or not this is a way to recover a LP40 using the old OSM, a serial and a LAN cross over cable. Tech support sent me the procedure in an attempt to help me recover from a failed 500SCP upgrade.
Originally posted by FONEFXR:
Believe it or not this is a way to recover a LP40 using the old OSM, a serial and a LAN cross over cable. Tech support sent me the procedure in an attempt to help me recover from a failed 500SCP upgrade.
I didn't know support was giving out that procedure, but that it was we did. There were still a couple of problems, but we were able to get those resolved.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help