atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fritz the phone man SVMI-16E Direct Trunk Menu - 01/26/10 01:44 PM
Instead of entering each trunk individually in the Direct Trunk Menu, can a range be entered? IE;
701,733 goto ABCmenu, instead of,
701 goto ABCmenu
702 goto ABCmenu, etc.
If a range can not be entered, can the number of pages in the Direct trunk Menu be added to? I have a 3 cabinet IDCS 500 with 76 copper trunks, that go to several different groups, at different times, and I am running out of space in the Direct Trunk Menu.
thanks in advance
Posted By: mcrackin Re: SVMI-16E Direct Trunk Menu - 01/26/10 01:53 PM
Instead of going directly to voice mail go to a virtual extension and then call forward all to voice mail. Then use direct trunk and direct extension. That way you only have to use the virtual extension and then go to ABC menu.
Posted By: fritz the phone man Re: SVMI-16E Direct Trunk Menu - 01/26/10 02:01 PM
Excellent! I should have thought of that.
thank you
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: SVMI-16E Direct Trunk Menu - 01/26/10 02:06 PM
Similar to what was posted by mcrackin, here's another option.

This is an example... if trunks 701 through 710 go to business ABC, send them to Group 510 with an overflow time of 1 and any virtual extension as the only member.

Then go into voicemail and go to the Forward Station & Forward Trunk menus and enter 510 goto Menu ABC.

Calls come in on those trunks, ring group 510 for one second and then forward to voicemail. In voicemail the system sees they are coming from group 510 and the voicemail plays the appropriate menu.
Posted By: bmreen Re: SVMI-16E Direct Trunk Menu - 01/26/10 05:31 PM
Here's another option if you use the "?" as an wild card on the page you can kill 10 birds with 1 stone. Meaning 70? goto mnu ABC company.if the trunks were not split in even 10s an idividual rule would override the "?". Other than that you always have the option of using an PTR file. I hope this wasnt to much info in the open forum.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help