atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bretthaze VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 09:14 AM
I have a customer with a 7200 v4.22 (waiting for spnet license to upgrade them to the latest version) They just got a new integrated access circuit 3MB for internet and local lines. We had the phone system on the new IA for a month before they move the data network to it. Every thing was working untill they put us behind the firewall (so we could network with another 7200 via point to point t1). There data guy assured me that he opened all ports to my system and mgi card.
Some of the IP phones work fine, but they have one location with 4 VoIP phones and they are having audio problems. If I call them from a digital phone then I can here them but they can't here me. If they call me then we have no audio.
Posted By: WRichey Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 09:34 AM
Still a firewall/router issue. You might want to get with the network guru and start running a packet trace.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 09:39 AM
I agree with WRichey, but I want to ask a question.

Once they placed you behind the firewall, did you change any of your IP addresses on the system?
Posted By: bretthaze Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 09:56 AM
Yes we changed the IP's from public to private with public. We set up an IP phone in our office and connected to the customers system and it works good. Is this still a firewall issue?
Posted By: anthony.selby Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 01:08 PM
How did you connect to the customers site, and is it different then how the two sites connect to each other ?
Posted By: bretthaze Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 01:26 PM
The location we are having trouble with has 4 ip phones that connect to the customers system via public IP address. I used the same public ip address to connect an ip phone from my office to the customer site. Everything was fine untill we were put behind the firewall and there data guy keeps telling me that he isn't blocking anything to my system or mgi. he said he has them wide open.
Posted By: anthony.selby Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 01:37 PM
so you can't connect from your office any more ?
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/20/10 02:40 PM
As WRichey stated, it's most likely an issue with one of the routers. With that said... to rule out an issue with the system, I would recommend updating the software. You are on a very old version of software and the new version does not require you to choose public with firewall. Make sure to update the firmware for the MGI and any other cards in the system.
Posted By: bretthaze Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/22/10 08:38 AM
we ended up putting the system ahead of the firewall and the IP phones work great.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/22/10 08:50 AM
:thumb:

I would still recommend upgrading software.
Posted By: bretthaze Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/22/10 02:08 PM
We are going to upgrade the software once we get the spnet license. I am a little worried because they have a MCP card not a MP20.
Posted By: MarcHaycook Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/22/10 02:12 PM
I don't know of any issues with the MCP with version 4.46a. We had an original MCP here in the office for our house system and we only recently upgraded to an MP20 so we could use the OAS card.

FWIW... GSBN has just posted the Known Issues list for April.
Posted By: nameless Re: VoIP no audio on some - 04/26/10 02:33 AM
Samsung has 4.46c down here, apparantly they found a bug in the OS7200 MCP software in 4.46a
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help