atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dave Brown Phantom phone calls idcs100 system - 02/28/11 04:31 PM
Hi there,
One of my customers has been complaining of a phantom phone call she has been receiving, sometimes during the day and sometimes at night.
It rings the operator, from extension 8516, shows extension number 1 at the top of the screen, leaves an empty voicemail (I guess we are glad of that!) Can happen multiple times a day or evening..
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave
Posted By: nameless Re: Phantom phone calls idcs100 system - 03/01/11 03:23 AM
85xx are the SIP trunks, my guess is that your client's system is being sent calls to exploit bugs that allow the caller to then make other calls out on some sip devices (such as incorrectly secured asterix boxes).

These are nothing more then an annoyance on the samsung as the bugs don't exist that the person making the call is trying to exploit

Turn on DID err tone in MMC210 this will make the system reject any calls on numbers that arn't in the DID table in MMC714
We had some VOIP phones connected here at the office that was doing the same thing. Normally would happen at night. We don't have sip or did and are just running regular pot lines. After a few times of this, I disconnected the 100 from the network and it stopped. Just wondering if it's someone trying to break in activating that or is it just a system thing?
Posted By: Dave Brown Re: Phantom phone calls idcs100 system - 03/01/11 11:46 AM
Thanks nameless, will give that a try, re Biztel, we do have a couple of the ip phones...it is not that extension that is ringing in though...
It's not the IP phone extensions it was the same 8516 that you are talking about Dave. It just stopped when we unplugged the system from the network. Was wondering what would cause that if we were not using SIP or DID's.
Posted By: Dave Brown Re: Phantom phone calls idcs100 system - 03/02/11 10:24 AM
I hope solution number 1 works, as I cannot unplug the system from the network, that's how I get in remotely, and how the IP phones work.. when they do..
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help