web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi there,
One of my customers has been complaining of a phantom phone call she has been receiving, sometimes during the day and sometimes at night.
It rings the operator, from extension 8516, shows extension number 1 at the top of the screen, leaves an empty voicemail (I guess we are glad of that!) Can happen multiple times a day or evening..
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Dave

David E. Brown
Capital Telecom
Williamston, MI
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
85xx are the SIP trunks, my guess is that your client's system is being sent calls to exploit bugs that allow the caller to then make other calls out on some sip devices (such as incorrectly secured asterix boxes).

These are nothing more then an annoyance on the samsung as the bugs don't exist that the person making the call is trying to exploit

Turn on DID err tone in MMC210 this will make the system reject any calls on numbers that arn't in the DID table in MMC714

We had some VOIP phones connected here at the office that was doing the same thing. Normally would happen at night. We don't have sip or did and are just running regular pot lines. After a few times of this, I disconnected the 100 from the network and it stopped. Just wondering if it's someone trying to break in activating that or is it just a system thing?

OP Offline
Thanks nameless, will give that a try, re Biztel, we do have a couple of the ip phones...it is not that extension that is ringing in though...

David E. Brown
Capital Telecom
Williamston, MI
It's not the IP phone extensions it was the same 8516 that you are talking about Dave. It just stopped when we unplugged the system from the network. Was wondering what would cause that if we were not using SIP or DID's.

OP Offline
I hope solution number 1 works, as I cannot unplug the system from the network, that's how I get in remotely, and how the IP phones work.. when they do..

David E. Brown
Capital Telecom
Williamston, MI

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,664 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024