atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: fldiver SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/21/11 08:46 AM
Hey fellas maybe gerrya knows the answer I am working with the same SVMI-4 card for the past 3 days. When I left the job yesterday the voice mail was working seemingly fine. However this morning the system stopped answering calls and watching it boot up in hyper terminal it ends up as below stating there is insufficient extended memory to run the program.....Nothing has changed as I said when I left here yesterday the system was working. I have connected to vm and from the C:\ prompt ran "default" yet I continue to get memory errors on boot up....PLEASE someone can help?

Copyright (C) 1992-1999 Dallas Semiconductor Corporation
IBFS10E.EXE - iButton-TMEX DOS driver using the DS1410E on the LPT port
- Version 3.11 7/1/99
DOWF0405 V3.11 7/1/99 DS1410E installed on interrupt 60H.
TMEXF04 V3.11 7/1/99 DS1410E installed on interrupt 61H.
Executing SVM

Insufficient extended memory to run program
Posted By: Gerrya Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/21/11 09:04 AM
Have you tried to do a maint to clear unused messages also you could try to look if there is any mailboxs that have lots or messages in that are unread as you had used a old voicemail a good thing is to delete all old mailboxs what you dont need and change passwords is a must
Posted By: fldiver Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/21/11 09:15 AM
Gerry I actually got to the C:\ prompt and re defaulted the machine. By typing C:default Is there. The voice mail will not even start up now as it says

Insufficient extended memory to run program

Is there something else I can do but remember it wont come up other then I can talk to it in programming thru hyper terminal I assume after I did "default" all mailboxes and messages should be gone?
Posted By: fldiver Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/21/11 11:12 AM
Gerry anymore ideas? Where is the RAM on that card? This is really bothering me as the system was up and working fine last night but when I came in this morning to get paid its not working and wont even come on at all.....Besides a bigger hammer any suggestions thoughts or comments?

Thanks again

Mike
I am not that versed on Samsung, but if you have another box to put the voice mai inn or another VM to stick in the KSU might tell you something.

Emmett
Posted By: fldiver Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/21/11 03:41 PM
I do have a 2nd cabinet.... I have the same issuses in either cabinet. Its baffling
Posted By: phonman123 Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/21/11 06:35 PM
The SVMi should only go in the third slot of the
Expansion cabinet. By defaulting you erase all messages andMbx greetings, but not prompts.
Posted By: phonman123 Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/21/11 06:39 PM
I hav had issues with the SVMi not working properly on a dcs Compact. I put another one in the cabinet same issue defaulting the dcs compact fixed the SVMi problem
Posted By: fldiver Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/22/11 06:48 PM
OK its up and running but throughout the day it just stops processing calls and you have to power cycle the cabinet to get it back up. I have defaulted it several times from the dos shell at the C:\ prompt. I had it up and running before but it crashed and I would get an error message about you could not load extended memory. I took the memory card out and copied it to my laptop hard drive and put it back in the system and its working now but again it for no obvious reason both ports wont answer and I am unable to communicate via hyper terminal.

My question then is it possible to get a clean and known good copy of the program files that I could then copy to my memory card and maybe fix this shutdown/CRASH issue.

I appreciate any and all input .

Thanks
MB
Posted By: Gerrya Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/23/11 02:53 AM
Fldiver
you can get new card from your dealer
wouldt advise you to try to copy files
to new card
Yeh swap out that card and get it in for repair. when i've seen "failed extended memory errors" i'd always believed one of the RAM chips had failed and beyond anything that can be fixed on site or by defaulting.
Some time I take chances a little on phone systems and some time it works and others not. I would turn the system off, unplug it, pull the program card out of the VM Card, trun the system back on and let it run for a few minutes. Pull the card out, put the program card back in the vm card, stick it back in the system, default and see what happens.

Emmett
Posted By: nameless Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/24/11 04:42 AM
Check the PSU on the system.
I don't think the compact psu has the issues that the compact 2/100's do, but can't hurt to check, but it sounds like you have a faulty card
Posted By: fldiver Re: SVMI-4 Memory errors in DCS Compact - 09/26/11 08:37 AM
Guys thanks for the input. Im pretty sure the card is pooched. Ive looked online and the cheapest I can find that card for is like $900. Gerry I am the dealer and I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to buy a new used card that's what 10 years old for that price. As for copying files to the memory card not a big deal, if I can get a known good copy of the program its just a last ditch attempt at getting it running for the customer he bought it as a package deal with phones and a KSU. I think Im going to look for a repair company can any one recommend a company that fixes these cards that would be appreciated very much.

Thanks Again Fella's
The FLdiver!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help