atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: T.C MGI channels........ - 11/07/11 12:59 PM
Just curious as I installed 7100 with 12 SMT handsets and 2 soft phones, 4 MGI ports with 4 channels of ISDN2e.

Say 2 external calls were in use and another two internal extensions were in use, Using up all 4 MGI ports, if the system was to receive an incoming call via the 3rd isdn channel what would happen? Would the caller receive a network message? Busy tone?

I understand the system has the MPS function, however this isn't currently activated.
Posted By: Theansweris2 Re: MGI channels........ - 11/08/11 12:16 AM
Regardless of MGI channels being available or not the next call will always be processed by the ISDN2 card. The phones will ring however you will not be able to answer. It will simply say 'NO MGI channels available in the SMT Display. This is why we always suggest to our customers that at least one or two DLI's are available on site. Also aids in troubleshooting when the OAS/MGI, Router, Network suddenly takes a dive. Another suggestion would be to DC the incoming main DDI to 4 calls that way the 5th will then get a busy.
Posted By: nameless Re: MGI channels........ - 11/08/11 12:47 AM
IP to IP on the same network on the same system do not use MGI channels.

MPS only applies on IP 2 IP calls (eg IP phone to SPNET or SIP trunk)
Posted By: dcs.S'pore Re: MGI channels........ - 11/10/11 02:05 AM
Hi, i am using 7200 with MP20 and OAS card, i have connected ITP-5114D phone, but when i try to call any of the digital ext using ITP ext it shows"NO MGI Channels available". Please help me in this.
Posted By: T.C Re: MGI channels........ - 11/11/11 01:00 PM
Have you programmed OAS card? Have you set OAS to use MGI only? Are your MGI ports in your local ITP trunk group?
Posted By: T.C Re: MGI channels........ - 11/11/11 01:05 PM
Have you programmed OAS card? Have you set OAS to use MGI only? Are your MGI ports in your local ITP trunk group?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help