atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello -

I am just installing my 1st Officeserv 7100 but I'm getting, "Invalid Number begin again" on D5121 Display, when pressing the line key. It was supposed to be ready right out of the box. I am about to check the cards to see if they are seated correctly but I am wondering if maybe I messed up the Numbering Plan? It came default as exts 201 thru 208 which I tried to change to a 100s scheme, but could not. If anyone can shed some light on this, would be greatly appreciated!

Al
Hi Al,
Are you using LCR at all?
Also have you setup you trunk/trunk groups?
Phil
Hi Phil. Is that MMC 304? Should I be using LCR? I know I read for CLI number retaining and speed dial usage, I believe I read that I should engage LCR. Now, for right now, I dont have it on (LCR)
First thing to look at would be the numbering plan and see what the trunk codes are set to.Default it should be 701,702 etc.
Also dialling 9 without LCR enabled should get you a trunk
Hi Al,
You dont need it on unless you want to make sure all your traffic goes over one particular network.
Trunks are found in 724, in the drop down select TRK groups and change 800 to be 9, they then need to be put into a group in mmc 603 under 9 so long as LCR isnt enabled.
MMC 304 is used in conjuction with 615 i think for incoming and outgoing station to trunk dial/answer which bacicly allows certain extenions/groups to be able to dial and pickup certain calls/trunks.
Phil
Ok, using the Device Manager, I see in 2.4.1 (Port Configuration) that my Loop Trunks are indeed set to 701 thru 708. and I see that the voice mail ports are 301-304.
Phil. When I go to MMC 304 (Station to Trunk) on the set. It shows - (001) USE (101) and underneath says Dial: Yes, Ans:Yes. Shouldnt it be 100 use 701??
HI Phil -

When I went into MMC724, it showed C05 >701. Shouldn't I have seen C01 >701?? Actually shows TRK-05:701 >
What happens if you dial 701,702 etc?
I get the same thing. An error code and, "Invalid Number begin again
Hey Phil, where do I setup my trunk/trunk groups?
Weird. I go to MMC 724, and press 1, for trunks, and what appears right away, is:

TRK NUMB. :C1-S1
TRK-05:701 >

??? Should be TRK-01:701 >

Right?
AH. I dial 705 and I AM getting a dial tone! How do I configure this??
IT should say the station number USE dial tone number.

201 USE 701
YES-------YES
Bunnie! How are you? 1st met you back in the early 90's in the Grundge era, LOL. Now, Where do I do this? in MMC 724? Cause the Device Manager shows it correctly, which is cornfusing me!
It seems that it does not see the 1st trunk position as it is configured for 8 stations and 8 trunks
In MMC 304, it shows:

(001) USE (101)
DIAL:YES ANS:YES

I believe it should be (001) USE (701), but doesnot allow me to change
Don't worry about MC304 right now.
How do you have the cards insttalled? 1 Uni card or 2?
Where are the cards installed?
I only have one UNI and it is installed right next to the MPA
Are both trunk cards installed on the UNI card?
Yes, both trunk cards are installed. I have a DLM card, and two trunk cards. The DLM is in the 1st position (towards the front). I've also swapped the trunk cards and get the same results
So both trunk cards are on the UNI card right?
If so,try defaulting the system it should number them for you from a default.

You must have 2 DLM cards if it is setup as an 8X8
Yes, one is on the MPA Processor Card. I have done Programming in the AA and recorded Prompts. If I default the system, is there a way to save anything?
You can backup the voicemail.Alternatively you can go into mmc724 and renumber the trunks.
Right when I go to MMC 724, it shows TRK-05:701, and doesnt allow me to change or get to input 01
OK! ALL GREAT NOW! pRESSING THE INITIALIZE BUTTON FIXED THE PROBLEM AND i DID NOT LOOSE VMAA PROGRAMMING ! HAPPY CAMPER, NOW ITS TIME FOR A PASTRAMI!!
Al,
How crazy is this... I am trying to resolve a similar issue with a idcs 500 system here in Vegas and came across your posts. How ya doing bro?!?!? Call me when you get a minute!
Cary.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help