atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: essm IDCS500 System Link ID not Holding - 01/18/13 03:20 PM
I have an IDCS500 and a OS-7200 They were linked in the past and worked well, so I assume all settings to have been fine along with open ports. We changed Internet and I went to change the IP addresses and has not worked since.

Section 820 on the IDCS500 - ASSIGN SYSTEM LINK ID has data for it self as 002 (correct) and line 5--10--15 and so on have 0.0.0.0 in them and line SYS32 has 32.32.32.32

( Entry No : SELF )
Link ID : 002
Signal G/W : 192.168.9.22
IP Type : PUBLIC
( Entry No : SYS1 )
Link ID :
Signal G/W :
IP Type : PRIVATE
( Entry No : SYS2 )
Link ID :
Signal G/W :
( Entry No : SYS3 )
Link ID :
Signal G/W :
( Entry No : SYS4 )
Link ID :
Signal G/W :
( Entry No : SYS5 )
Link ID :
Signal G/W : 0.0.0.0

I enter the "001" system and save and when refreshing it is back to the old way. Is there something that anyone has seen here witha genius fix.

Thanks in adavance
Posted By: Gerrya Re: IDCS500 System Link ID not Holding - 01/18/13 06:13 PM
Did you reset both systems after you changed ip address so the systems reconize the address
Posted By: essm Re: IDCS500 System Link ID not Holding - 01/18/13 06:32 PM
Yes I have and Will be trying it again later today, If I wasn't bald I would pull my hair out. The system is in use 7-9pm everyday so restarting is tough to schedule.
Posted By: Shawn_G Re: IDCS500 System Link ID not Holding - 01/19/13 01:19 AM
The 500 will kick out any address it deems invalid. In 820 it means it'll dump the whole link entry. It'd friendly enough not to tell you it's doing it, too.

If you're setting it for private it'll be checked against the subnet of the system so you may want to verify your addresses are all correct and set for public/private properly.
Posted By: Steve M Re: IDCS500 System Link ID not Holding - 01/22/13 03:49 PM
Thanks for the Tip, I verified that and now My MGI card will not hold settings, I am not sure if it is the back plane or the card it self, the frustration is this all worked until I had an IP change on this systems side. Arrgh
Posted By: Shawn_G Re: IDCS500 System Link ID not Holding - 01/24/13 03:46 AM
Would be really surprised if it's a hardware issue. Generally speaking just about anything that can go wrong with the cabinet will manifest as crashes or really weird call behavior. If the MGI has an issue it usually just won't boot.

That the system is running seems to indicate this is a software thing. What are the private IP address, subnet, gateway, and public IP address you're trying to set? (you can PM me if you're concerned about security)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help