atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a 3-OS7200's networked via SPnet with Centralized Voicemail. The Two remote nodes complain the MWI does not work on IP Phones or Analog phones. The voicemail boxes do work normally; just no MWI. Any Thoughts? MWI works correctly on the main node phones where the voicemail resides. Voicemail is SVM-i20i. All systems are using 4.70.
You will only get mw on vmmsg keys.
Mw keys won't flash on the remote sites.
not even on the analog phones?
I am not geting the light on the vmmsg key either...
Check you remote voicemail settings are correct in networking options
I have checked; they seem to be correct. I am a little green on remote voicemail/SPnet. Thanks for your responses.
If you press the vmmsg key on the remote site does the vm answer and take you to the correct mailbox?
I'd like to resurrect this old thread because I have run into the exact same issue. I have vmmsg keys programmed on the phones and working correctly. I can retrieve vm messages from the phones, just don't get any kind of indication when new messages arrive.

Using a 7400 with SVMi-20i for central vm. Remote sites consist of a 7200 and two 7100's. Using all IP phones (5220 and 5210 for testing). All are new, with latest software on MP cards and SVMi. Systems are currently sitting on my workbench for programming and testing. Need to get this resolved before installing at customer sites.
Make sure the mailboxes have MWI turned on in the mailbox settings.

How is your NLCR/SPNET Dial/Network Options setup?
Sorry for the long delay before replying. I've been out of the office for a few days and haven't had the chance to look at the system.

MWI is turned on for all mailboxes.

I'll use one extension as an example of the setup. The following values are pulled from OfficeServ Device Manger:

On main system :
2.8.0.Numbering Plan N-LCR
1 2958 Network LCR 112
(Numbering plan requested by the customer required some single entries. Extension 112 is on a remote system with ID 002.)

3.3.2.Network Dial Translation
112 002112 Yes 3 6 Yes

On remote system:
3.3.4 Networking Option
Remote Voice Mail - Yes 51 79
(VM on main system is group number 5179)

I know that all of the translations are working because I can make intercom calls between extensions on all systems. I can also leave voice mail and it is delivered the correct mailbox. I can retrieve messages using the VMMSG key programmed on the remote extensions. MWI seems to be the only thing that isn't working.
There was a VM issue fixed in 4.75 todo with 1xx extensions.
It was when a VT key was used to transfer.

Samsung Korea has recommended SPNet number range should be 4 digits in length, and should start with a minimum of 2xxx.
ie. Do not use 1xxx for a SPNet extn numbering range.

4.70 has a few bugs, I would upgrade to 4.9
All systems are currently running 4.9. I had seen the recommendation to use 4 digit numbering, but nothing that advised against using 1xxx extension numbers. I argued for 4 digit extensions, but the client insisted that we keep their existing numbering plan. I'll try changing the numbering to see if it makes any difference.
Nameless, you saved the day. I changed the extension numbers from 1xx to 31xx and everything functions correctly. I get indicator lights as well as notification on the LCD screen. Thank you!

If only the North American tech support guys knew as much about these systems as you do....

Thanks again!
Funnily enough I have a site with an OS7200 using 1xx extensions with centralised vm to OS7400 which is working fine.
But they are unusual as there is a local vm card for UCD prompting as well. (You can't do UCD via centralised VM)
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help