atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kaiser Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/21/14 04:21 PM
I have a couple/three applications where I need to put in some remote single line phones and a fax port.

I have fiber only to a remote building and will need to do IP for transport to an SLA.

Are there any recommended generic units that can go from a single line port to IP and back to a remote single line port for an analog cordless phone or fax machine?
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/21/14 04:45 PM
Grandstream
i used 2 of these (4 ports) a while ago without a problem.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/21/14 05:08 PM
One on each side?

Do they make them just (1) port or could I have a gateway on one end with like (8)-ports and put individual single units in separate locations?

Do you sell them?
Posted By: John807 Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/21/14 06:32 PM
If he doesn't Teledynamics out of Texas or Target out of Maryland should.
Posted By: nameless Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/21/14 09:26 PM
Linksys (now cisco) spa122 for a 2 port unit, Or spa8000 for an 8 port.
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/21/14 11:40 PM
I meant I used 2 of them for separate locations... Faxes, cordless and such. You set each port up as a sip extension off the system and no we don't sell them but voipsupply does. The linksys that nameless said are also good and I think they come with fxo ports on them as well as fxs.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/22/14 07:30 PM
Yeah, I don't want SIP I don't think. Just FXO one the OfficeServ side and FXS on the remote side...

Unless a SIP license is cheaper and then I can just use one single port remote device.

Do they make one like that? OfficeServ side is just an IP port or SIP port and you just need one remote unit with an FXS jack?
Posted By: Genesiscomm Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/22/14 07:58 PM
Ok now i see what your saying you want to extend analog over the fiber but not through the phone system. If this is correct then you are correct to setup a FXO on the system side and an FXS on the remote end and point them at each other.
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/23/14 03:50 AM
Yes,

OfficeServ at location A

fiber only to location B

They want an analog port at location B.

Do they make a SIP station port device so I only need a device in location B or do I have to have an actual analog extension in the OfficeServ with an IP FXO module in location A and an IP FXS module in location B?
Posted By: nameless Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/23/14 05:32 AM
The spa devices I mentioned above will do what you need. Just need mgi/oas and 3rd party sip license.

You will need to look at the dial plan on the device so matches the numbers you want dial
Posted By: Kaiser Re: Anyone know of a good IP SLA? - 04/23/14 02:44 PM
Thanks so much guys!

I'm going to try this one:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CKK7h7jr9r0CFROVfgodMI8A1w&Item=N82E16833553030&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-VoIP-_-N82E16833553030&ef_id=U1UpKQAABKdQBDu1:20140423144033:s

I'll report back if it works :-)

Thanks!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help