atcomsystems.ca/forum
Any thoughts on this??

Customer has an older DCS with an On Hold 6500 and is getting complaints of poor sound quality.

I called in and was put on hold and i thought it was ok but they keep getting complaints from callers that it was loud and sounds bad.

Is there a volume control on the phone that could be too low or high and making the adjustment on the player too extreme??

One CO line too loud??
MOH can sound terrible if you're on a cell phone. Different sampling rates.
HI! There, So the 6500 model was designed for KSU-less telephones,, so the co lines are bridged to 6500 and Dcs,, also with that unit there was tel. extention hold music activators ,, i would have used the 6000 models,, maybe you can try turning down the 6500 volume,, there are ksu co line settings , but i wouldn't mess with them unless you know your doing.
Originally Posted by ATechguy
HI! There, So the 6500 model was designed for KSU-less telephones,, so the co lines are bridged to 6500 and Dcs,, also with that unit there was tel. extention hold music activators ,, i would have used the 6000 models,, maybe you can try turning down the 6500 volume,, there are ksu co line settings , but i wouldn't mess with them unless you know your doing.

Think that would make a difference when using the audio out jack?? I didn't sell this to him just responding to an inquiry about a new MOH player. I would hate to sell him a different one and have no improvement.

I thought it sounded fine myself but the customer said he has gotten multiple complaints over an extended period of time.
HI! I guess your saying the set up isn't bridging the lines ,, it is just using the music output into the MOH port on KSU ? If so i would think that it should work,, I would turn down the volume on the On Hold 6500 and test . You can look also at Prog. 426 Trunk gain default:RX+0.00,,Tx+0.00. Hope that helps.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help