atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lacota SIP Trunks & Sonic Firewall - 04/11/18 08:11 PM
Hello

I have a 7200 using SIP trunks behind a Sonic Firewall and it's having an issue with calls cutting off and sometimes silent it's not every call it's more like 1 in 10 I have tried every thing with the phone system it was on version 5.1 but have tried it on 4.98 have upgraded all the other cards this is with the MPS off with it on you get more issues with one way audio rather than cutting off this could just be that they are ending the call before it cuts off, the SIP provider have said the header contains duplicate ip addresses that is causing a loop condition which is the problem so I can't help think it's a fire wall issue but they have said that SIP ALG is off or sonicwalls version of it is off!

Samsung are looking in to this for me as well but just wanted to see if any one here has had a similar issue with these firewalls ?

Thanks
Posted By: John807 Re: SIP Trunks & Sonic Firewall - 04/11/18 08:34 PM
I have. The issue I had with the Sonic Wall was the UDP ports shutting down.
Posted By: SarahCTS Re: SIP Trunks & Sonic Firewall - 04/12/18 01:19 PM
I have also had this issue with a different system and SonicWall. In the firewall rules under the advanced tab, there is a setting for TCP and UDP timeout. Most SIP vendors recommend 15 min for TCP and 300 seconds for UDP. They also need to allow fragmented packets. This can also be changed in the Flood Protection settings on the firewall, but they may not want to change it for every item. They may also need to enable multicast.
Posted By: Lacota Re: SIP Trunks & Sonic Firewall - 04/12/18 04:50 PM
Thanks for info will take a look in to thees options.
The way that I normally setup my sonicwalls without fail is Maximum DPI connections in advanced settings and setting the UDP timeout to 700. Always works for me.
Posted By: Jeb67 Re: SIP Trunks & Sonic Firewall - 02/21/19 09:09 PM
I realize this is an old thread but for anyone else that runs across it in a search, on a Sonicwall you have to turn on consistant nat as well. Makes life much easier.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help