atcomsystems.ca/forum
Greetings,

OS 7100 down due to a power outage. It took 3 power reboots after I removed the 7100 from the clients Lan it came back. When testing the voicemail I couldn't leave a msg in a voicemailbox it answered did everything it should but when trying to leave a msg it said recordings cannot be completed at this time please try again later. obviously ports are up when I look at the log it shows everything including read only unrecoverable error. I didn't want to shut down and reboot again or shut down mail to have to reboot again.

Any thoughts?
As always,
Thanks,
John
Bad SD card?
Have had the same issue with the OS7200S at times. According to tech support, the fingers that contact the SD card lose their springiness and don't always contact the card the way they should. Re-seating the SD card clears things up for a while, but ultimately the processor mod needs to be replaced.
Thank You that makes sense. I will order an SD card and mp10a tmw to cover both bases.

I had the same problem. Replacing the SD fixed it.
The only thought I have with a bad SD card is the system will usually not boot either as it can't read the card or the data is corrupted. Let us know what the result ends up being.
O.k. it was the SD card. I "cloned" theirs in the office on a new sd card and ran it in my spare system. Put that SD card in their mp10a and it ran clean. I took their original sd card wiped it and put my office system s/w image on it and it is now running clean.
I have had a SD card that was bad, reloaded it and it worked.For a while then it went bad again.Thanks for checking back in
We have been having issues with the SD cards as well. What software did you use to clone the SD card?
I've never used software to clone a card but you need to use either a Samsung or Transcend card as I believe the software looks for that.
I think by cloned he meant that he put the customers db files on it. SD cards are going to "wear out" with read/write cycles , corruption etc.
PVJ is right. I just swapped out their card with a new card from Samsung. Erased the original card and loaded 4.99 and my backup on it for the office system. Samsung does say you can use a Transcend SD card for a system card but I've never tried it. I'm pretty much out of the phone system world at this point..
Correct Transcend has to be a certain s/w version or later though.I have used "generic" Transcend cards before, just format it the same as a regular card and load the files.Seems to work ok.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help