atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills 3rd party Sip phones - 01/23/20 11:36 PM
Is anyone configuring Grandstream series phones as 3rd party sip phones yet?
I can get mine to dial internally and access voicemail. Where I'm having problems is with BLF buttons and dialing out. Can't seem to get it to accept a full length phone number. When I preface with a 9 for the LCR, it give a "no response" error and when I don't use the 9, it gives a "404 not found"

Any help here would be appreciated.

-B
Posted By: nameless Re: 3rd party Sip phones - 01/24/20 05:11 AM
The SMDR output from the system will show what digits have been sent.

It sounds like a dial plan issue on the grand stream.

You should have an entry similar to 9xxxxxxxxxx (though this won't work with 911 calls, but for testing it will be fine)

This will allow you to dial 9 + any 10 digit number (11 digits in total). This will then be handled by the lcr on the system to route accordingly just like any other phone (digital, slt, ipp, etc)

Posted By: Bushmills Re: 3rd party Sip phones - 04/14/20 07:59 PM
Just getting back around to messing with this.

Thanks Nameless! I'm still not sure why it didn't work before, but now it's working fine.

Next on the wish list is feature codes. Any idea how I'd make them work. In particular I am hoping to, from the handset, set the extension to forward to a cell phone.
I tried just using the phone's native one but I guess that is meant to send info to a one of the GS PBX devices only.

Any ideas?

-W
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: 3rd party Sip phones - 04/15/20 04:55 PM
I think you have to add a speed dial key with the Samsung feature code and perhaps the Cell phone number
Posted By: Bushmills Re: 3rd party Sip phones - 04/15/20 08:23 PM
Good idea! Unfortunately it didn't work. Tried modifying the feature codes to be *60 and had no luck there either.
Posted By: Biztel Cuban Okie Tech Re: 3rd party Sip phones - 04/15/20 08:36 PM
Can you give the extension a fwrd1 button? What happens when you dial just 601 from the phone?
Posted By: Bushmills Re: 3rd party Sip phones - 04/15/20 08:39 PM
Aha!

So a bit wierd. When you punch in the feature code, you get "no response message" but it does actually sent it to the PBX. Still can't get the local feature codes to work, but now using the speed dial does. Annnd of course there is no indication on the handset that the feature has been activated.

Cool.

-B
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help