atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bushmills SIP phone Interoperability - 07/02/20 11:48 PM
Has anyone here configured sip phones for use on Officeserv systems much?

I am having an issue with the in/out group function with 4 digit station groups. I'm trying to use the 53+staion group#+0 to log out of the group. Works fine from a digital, IP, or SLT, but for some reason the sip phone won't do it.
It works with 3 digit station groups.

I though it might be because it results in a 7 digit string, so I tried changing the feature access code to *53 and had the same effect. I also tried changing it to just one digit. Same result. tried changing the station group to 6000, again same result.

Very wierd.
Posted By: nameless Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 07/03/20 02:44 AM
Sounds like your dial plan in the sip phone(s) isn't correct.
Most likely not enough digits for a 4 digit station group
Posted By: Bushmills Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 07/03/20 04:04 PM
I thought that, which is why i changed the feature code to only be the number 6. That reduced the string length to 6 digits with a 4 digit station group. and that still didn't work. 6 digit with a 3 digit station group works as does 5 digit with a 3 digit station group.

I am just using the default dailing plan on the GS phones which allows full lcr +10 and 11 digit dialing so total length isn't an issue. I can directly dial a 4 digit station group or extension so that seems to be fine.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 07/04/20 03:44 PM
When you say 'GS' phone, can I guess you're using Grandstream phones? Some of the default config settings on these phones are set to make it easier to use with a Grandstream UCM. Default station numbers out of the box fall between 1000 and 5000. Your access code , with a leading 53, falls out side what a GXP series phone is expecting. Try setting the leading digit to a 6 or 7.
Posted By: Bushmills Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 07/06/20 05:13 PM
Good suggestion, no joy though. I changed the station group to 6001 (after changing all the forwarding feature codes to start with a *) and it did the same thing. It seems to be something happening with a 4 digit station code..... Wierd.
Have you done a wireshark trace to see what the phone is actually sending the system when you dial the code?
Posted By: John807 Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 07/11/20 09:04 PM
I spoke to another guy who I think had the same issue? He dropped to 3 digits and it worked if it was the same issue? It was with GrandStream phones though.
Posted By: Avidcomm Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 07/14/20 12:29 AM
Try adding the string you want to dial as an Physical Multi-purpose Key. I think the MPK will bypass the dial plan restriction.
Posted By: btil Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 08/17/20 02:28 AM
Where do you set up the station info for 3rd party sip station on the OS 7000 series?
Posted By: Bushmills Re: SIP phone Interoperability - 08/18/20 10:12 PM
@btil

If your system is licensed for it, it is in the SIP information section. Works pretty similarly to the itp information configurations.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help