atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lightning horse Patchpanel - 07/19/07 12:59 PM
We just got an E-Bay (Yeah Yeah I Know) purchase of CAT6 patch panels. They are Lucent Patchmax Gigaspeed. Are these Really cat 6? Is this post Really in the wrong place? Is the sky Really blue? All this and more will be answered by those who respond (I hope). smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Patchpanel - 07/19/07 01:28 PM
Do you have pictures you could post?
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Patchpanel - 07/19/07 01:50 PM
No. But after putting the following into Dogpile, I found confirmation on the web. Appears to be a manual of Lucent product slicks. This was taken off the front panel exactly as it is printed, caps and all:

1100GS GigaSPEED PANEL

Oh, if you go Googling or Dogpiling any time soon, watch out for the "dogpiles" I left behind. I'm sending the FNG to clean up the mess! smile John C. (Not Garand)
Posted By: DayTech Re: Patchpanel - 07/19/07 07:15 PM
Yes, they are Cat6 rated. They are a few years old though. The Lucent cabling product line changed to the Avaya name in about 2002. Then Commscope bought the cabling line from Avaya which retained the "Systimax" name. A version of the same panel is still available has been updated to a higher MHZ.
Posted By: Jeffkoeh Re: Patchpanel - 07/25/07 05:38 PM
I bought some Systimax panels off of ebay for my house a while back.. thought i was getting a great deal. They had problems from day one and I ended up just getting rid of them. I also received a letter from Comscope saying they were counterfit panels. Never did figure out how they got my info???
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help