atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: phoneguywayne Sports Box - 03/12/12 06:35 PM
Our town is hosting the Allan cup in a month or so. The city has asked for my input on how the best way to cable the new sports box. They are saying that there is 4 or 5 TV stations coming. Each one requires it own DSL connection. I suggested a 25 pair from the demarc to an enclosure in the new sports box. Then from there to 5 locations in the box 4 cat5e cables. All data cables to terminate in a 24 port PP. The telco would bring the DSL into the enclosure. The modems to sit in there. Thanks for any input.
Posted By: oobie Re: Sports Box - 03/21/12 04:44 AM
Sounds like you got it covered!
Posted By: festec Re: Sports Box - 03/23/12 10:01 AM
Why separate connections??? $$$$$
You only need "one" DSL Connection pluged into a router..Leave the modem at the demarc
make a cat5e (backbone) patch cord and run it to a router in the sports box and connect all the TV's with patch cords to the router . Most new TV's have 10 Base-T jacks on the back side.

separate dsl connections would be a waste of time and money and in stalling a patch panel is more money wasted.

IBDN/CDT Certified For Whats Comming Next ! :thumb:
Posted By: Owain Re: Sports Box - 03/23/12 11:15 AM
depends on the speed available, especially for ADSL the upload speed available may be very limited and insufficient for their purpose (commentary? video?)

Also, from a resilience point of view, it is not unknown for DSL on a line to fail.
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: Sports Box - 03/23/12 06:49 PM
I tiled this incorrectly it should have been press box. TSN and another Sports station is coming and they are doing streaming video. My contacts at the city are saying that, upload speed is an issue. They are also wanting it to be wired for future events.
Posted By: tantivy Re: Sports Box - 03/26/12 12:19 PM
I would not not assume that the DSL modems will live in the enclosure. The stations may have their own modems packaged with, or built in to their equipment, in which case they would need the raw DSL circuit. They may also want POTS.

I would put in 4 RJ11 jacks, cross connected back to the demarc, and labeled with the box/jack numbers.

A lot of times the radio folks use POTS or ISDN-BRI.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: Sports Box - 03/27/12 07:35 AM
Streaming Video may be supported by the users and their satellite feeds. Then they 'might' need coak to where-ever they park their trucks. Might be wise to get a phone number of the engineer(s) involved and get the 'real skinny'.
Posted By: hbiss Re: Sports Box - 03/27/12 08:04 AM
They are saying that there is 4 or 5 TV stations coming. Each one requires it own DSL connection.

Yeah, where is that requirement coming from? I agree, talk to the engineers before wasting money on something some town councilman thinks they need.

-Hal
Posted By: bfdatacom Re: Sports Box - 03/27/12 01:25 PM
If they are all watching the same channel then you would only need to cable for one, output it to the input of a distribution amplifier like CELabs AV400COMP (for 4 componentconnected TVs) or for 5 component TVs
https://celabs.net/products/av-distribution/component/item/av501hdxi?category_id=120

or for HDMI

https://celabs.net/products/av-distribution/hdmi/item/ha8-3-2?category_id=112
Posted By: hbiss Re: Sports Box - 03/27/12 07:15 PM
Originally posted by bfdatacom:
If they are all watching the same channel then you would only need to cable for one, output it to the input of a distribution amplifier like CELabs AV400COMP (for 4 componentconnected TVs) or for 5 component TVs
or for HDMI...
Wow! Somebody needs to read the original question. How do you get from that to what you are suggesting?

-Hal
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: Sports Box - 04/12/12 09:31 PM
Here is the end results
Installed a 50 pair back to Demarc
2 Cat 6 cables to area network gear
voice and data cables in new press box
voices cables to outside to mobile units
[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Yoda Re: Sports Box - 04/13/12 05:10 AM
Nice work!
Posted By: MooreTel Re: Sports Box - 04/13/12 05:14 AM
You gotta love BIX! laugh
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Sports Box - 04/13/12 05:14 AM
Looks nice!
Posted By: phoneguywayne Re: Sports Box - 04/13/12 04:16 PM
Love my BIX EH!!
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Sports Box - 04/13/12 05:21 PM
But no Nordx jacks? lol
Posted By: Silversam Re: Sports Box - 04/14/12 07:08 AM
Very nice job!

Sam
Posted By: festec Re: Sports Box - 04/15/12 07:00 PM
SaskTel the last of the big phone monopolies (bullies)...
Nice job good to see some people still take pride in their work. Bix is the best in the WEST eh! :toast:

IBDN/CDT Certified For What's comming Next! :thumb:
Posted By: mbhydro Re: Sports Box - 04/15/12 07:37 PM
Looks good.

The only thing I would have probably done different is supply "in use covers" for the external jacks to keep them dry in case of rain /snow when the cover is open.(reduce future corrosion problems)
Posted By: TheRealAndyCook Re: Sports Box - 04/18/12 08:41 AM
[I think my post disappeared, or it didn't submit]

Are those CPE modems? or is that what the ISP provided?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help