atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dexman Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/11/20 03:59 AM
Earlier this evening I was looking for the Suttle Apparatus catalog.

A check of Suttle's website revealed that the company was acquired by Primex Technologies back in March of this year. The website is also devoid of any mention of legacy Bell System jacks.

Now an Internet search of some of those legacy jacks comes up with "Suttle Simplex".

Does this mean that Suttle's legacy telephone jacks were sold to Simplex...as in Simplex Grinnell? ponder
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/11/20 06:08 PM
Simplex means one jack
Duplex means two jacks
Here is the catalog I can find
https://www.suttlesolutions.com/product-category/mediamax/
Posted By: dexman Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/11/20 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, the current catalog only lists structured cabling hardware. All legacy Bell System hardware (with the exception of 66 blocks, backboards & covers) is gone. If Primex has, indeed, discontinued all legacy Suttle jacks, anyone who still has a need for such hardware might want to secure some from vendors before existing supplies are gone. frown
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/11/20 10:34 PM
I guess someone could call them on Monday and see what's up.
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/11/20 10:37 PM
Will Primex continue to manufacture and sell all Suttle products?

Primex has no plans to halt production of any Suttle products or product lines. All products will continue to be available for purchase with availability, lead times and service you currently enjoy.
Posted By: dexman Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/12/20 03:10 AM
Was that in the catalog? If it is...I missed it by a mile. ponder
Posted By: hbiss Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/12/20 03:36 PM
I looked really hard and didn't see that either. Also tried to uncover exactly who or what "Suttle Simplex" is. This only leads me to believe that the line was sold to some Chinese company.

-Hal
Posted By: dexman Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/13/20 12:34 AM
Googling "Simplex" returns references to simplex/duplex. Years back, Ed provided me a good supply of jacks treated with Corroshield. Even though little has been used to date, I may stock up some more just incase the new owner has fully discontinued the product line. ponder
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/13/20 04:19 AM
I noticed the same thing when all of the normal suppliers I use weren't carrying any of Suttle's legacy hardware. All seemed to have shifted over to the ICC and Leviton 'equivalents', if you can call them that. I'm afraid that the writing is on the wall with the Suttle brand. Since the biggest chunk of that market for them came from the telcos, those days appear to be numbered anyway. I don't know of any telcos that are actually doing much in the way of installation of inside wiring and jacks.

The local telco here, a former United Telephone unit, purchased most of their goods from their North Supply subsidiary. When Sprint took over United, they also took over North Supply and became Sprint/North Supply. I know that SNS now operates as a completely stand-alone supply channel now (KGP Logisitcs), and for a while, they still carried most of SNS' house brand 'Premier' jacks, cable and hardware. Some of Premier's hardware was made for them by Suttle. CenturyLink now has this territory and still seems to be using some Premier-branded hardware, but I don't know if they just have a bunch of old stock. I'd love to know because Premier is a good second-choice to Suttle, as most of their stuff is carrier grade.

HERE'S THE LINK FOR KGP LOGISTICS

HERE'S THE LINK FOR THE PREMIER HARDWARE
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/13/20 01:06 PM
Ed, great information, thanks.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/13/20 03:54 PM
I've been using Leviten for a few years, no problem with them
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/13/20 05:29 PM
I'm also a Leviton house. In reading, is see that KGP is the old Great Lakes Telephone Supply. Gee, I did biz with them, Power and Tel, Southern Supply (Buckeye) which became Alltel, etc., and Famous.

Now, I buy in such small quantities, I buy from Teledynamics, Teledata Express, Graybar and eBay, or just walk over to my warehouse...the spare bedroom.

Carl
Posted By: dexman Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/13/20 07:05 PM
With the vastly reduced use of JK cable, the disappearance of some of Suttle's legacy products isn't surprising. But to drop the entire line?

I took a quick inventory of my stock:

. (9) SE-625AS4NS-52RCQ
. (19) SE-625AS4-52RC
. (8) SE-625SA4-52RCBAR
. (9) SE-625A2-4-52RC

If I did anything, it would be to augment the RCBAR jacks. ponder
Posted By: jeffmoss26 Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/14/20 09:56 PM
AllenTel at Graybar is also an option.
Posted By: dexman Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/15/20 01:52 AM
I have a supply of Systimax/Commscope CAT3 keystone jacks & housings. I could always tap into them. Still, it will be sad once the old Bell System grade jacks are no more. frown
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Suttle Apparatus Acquisition. - 07/18/20 03:01 AM
We have used the Premier line from KGP/Embarq/Sprint North Supply for years. As far as I know, it is all still available.

One Suttle product we use to use alot on small residential locations was the 305 2-line interface/distribution block. Haven't seen to be able to source one from any of the primary vendors in awhile.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help