web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Earlier this evening I was looking for the Suttle Apparatus catalog.

A check of Suttle's website revealed that the company was acquired by Primex Technologies back in March of this year. The website is also devoid of any mention of legacy Bell System jacks.

Now an Internet search of some of those legacy jacks comes up with "Suttle Simplex".

Does this mean that Suttle's legacy telephone jacks were sold to Simplex...as in Simplex Grinnell? ponder

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Simplex means one jack
Duplex means two jacks
Here is the catalog I can find
https://www.suttlesolutions.com/product-category/mediamax/

Last edited by jeffmoss26; 07/11/20 02:09 PM.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Unfortunately, the current catalog only lists structured cabling hardware. All legacy Bell System hardware (with the exception of 66 blocks, backboards & covers) is gone. If Primex has, indeed, discontinued all legacy Suttle jacks, anyone who still has a need for such hardware might want to secure some from vendors before existing supplies are gone. frown

I Love FEATURE 00
I guess someone could call them on Monday and see what's up.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Will Primex continue to manufacture and sell all Suttle products?

Primex has no plans to halt production of any Suttle products or product lines. All products will continue to be available for purchase with availability, lead times and service you currently enjoy.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Was that in the catalog? If it is...I missed it by a mile. ponder

I Love FEATURE 00
I looked really hard and didn't see that either. Also tried to uncover exactly who or what "Suttle Simplex" is. This only leads me to believe that the line was sold to some Chinese company.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Googling "Simplex" returns references to simplex/duplex. Years back, Ed provided me a good supply of jacks treated with Corroshield. Even though little has been used to date, I may stock up some more just incase the new owner has fully discontinued the product line. ponder

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I noticed the same thing when all of the normal suppliers I use weren't carrying any of Suttle's legacy hardware. All seemed to have shifted over to the ICC and Leviton 'equivalents', if you can call them that. I'm afraid that the writing is on the wall with the Suttle brand. Since the biggest chunk of that market for them came from the telcos, those days appear to be numbered anyway. I don't know of any telcos that are actually doing much in the way of installation of inside wiring and jacks.

The local telco here, a former United Telephone unit, purchased most of their goods from their North Supply subsidiary. When Sprint took over United, they also took over North Supply and became Sprint/North Supply. I know that SNS now operates as a completely stand-alone supply channel now (KGP Logisitcs), and for a while, they still carried most of SNS' house brand 'Premier' jacks, cable and hardware. Some of Premier's hardware was made for them by Suttle. CenturyLink now has this territory and still seems to be using some Premier-branded hardware, but I don't know if they just have a bunch of old stock. I'd love to know because Premier is a good second-choice to Suttle, as most of their stuff is carrier grade.

HERE'S THE LINK FOR KGP LOGISTICS

HERE'S THE LINK FOR THE PREMIER HARDWARE

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Ed, great information, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,765 Shoretel
187,581 CTX100 install
186,327 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 82 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024