atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: paul144 ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/01/05 12:33 PM
We are a business telephone repair company looking to begin to repair the ESI line of telephones in addition to the other system telephones that we currently repair.
I have several questions:
Are the newer systems backwards compatible? If, fo instance, I picked up an S-Class system, could I then use it to test older ESI phones?
What models would I not be able to test if I picked up a C-Class system as opposed to the S-Class?
If the newer systems are not backwards compatible, how many different test systems would I need to be able to test all ESI phones? Which are they?
Are you ESI dealers sending many phones out for repair that are outside of the ESI warranty?
Thank you very much for your assistance!
Posted By: Mark K. Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/01/05 12:53 PM
Paul,

The older IVX system (they call it "classic")
phones are 4 wire, you would need an IVX for those. The newer System 20 & 20+ are 2 wire. I think the newer still C class, S class and 20 & 20+ use compatable telephones.

Now if you need something to test the older sets with (Classic) I have a 4 x 8 IVX demo unit I will accept an offer on.
mark
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/02/05 05:03 AM
Paul - i became a dealer just as the new C, S and E Class systems were introduced - my understanding is the phones from the 128, 128 plus and 20 plus will work with the c, s and e class ksu's but i have not had any actual experience with it since i don't have an installed base of older systems. As far as needing repair work i buy the 5 year warranty for everything so i wouldn't need it.
Posted By: paul144 Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/02/05 07:02 AM
I saw something on ESI's web site about the 48 button phones not working on the C-Class. Is this, in fact the case? If I were to hook up with a 128 system, could I use it to test the newer 24 and 48 button sets?
Last, Upstateny, the vast majority of the phones we fix are in the 5-15 year old range, so I am not too concerned about the newest phones out there.

------------------
Comdial Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited March 02, 2005).]
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/02/05 07:40 AM
The 48 key phones do not work on the C class. The newer 12, 24 and 48 key phones don't work on the older systems. E-mail or call me if you want to talk more - i will get you a system for a fair price.
Posted By: paul144 Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/02/05 11:23 AM
Next Question:
How long has it been since ESI switched over to the C, S, E, etc from the 120 & 20? With the 5 year warranty being standard, I do not necessarily have to be able to test those yet. Are there any phones that work on the 120 (or 120+)that do not work on the 20 (or 20+)?
I guess that I am going to need, at minimum, a 20 and an IVX classic for testing purposes and maybe get an "S" when those phones start hitting the 5 year mark.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
Posted By: Mark K. Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/02/05 11:38 AM
Paul,
I have an IVX classic 4 by system, make me an offer.
mark
Posted By: paul144 Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/02/05 12:15 PM
Thanx Mark,
I saw that and am talking with the person who controls the purse strings. Basically, we need to know how much all of the systems are going to cost us before we dive in.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI phone/system compatibility - 03/02/05 01:14 PM
Early part of 2003 was the intro date for the c, s and e class - prior to that i believe that there were only 2 different 16 key sets - one for the original ivx and one for the 20 plus, 128 and 128 plus but don't hold me to anything other than the early 2003 date.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help