web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
paul144 Offline OP
OP Offline
We are a business telephone repair company looking to begin to repair the ESI line of telephones in addition to the other system telephones that we currently repair.
I have several questions:
Are the newer systems backwards compatible? If, fo instance, I picked up an S-Class system, could I then use it to test older ESI phones?
What models would I not be able to test if I picked up a C-Class system as opposed to the S-Class?
If the newer systems are not backwards compatible, how many different test systems would I need to be able to test all ESI phones? Which are they?
Are you ESI dealers sending many phones out for repair that are outside of the ESI warranty?
Thank you very much for your assistance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Paul,

The older IVX system (they call it "classic")
phones are 4 wire, you would need an IVX for those. The newer System 20 & 20+ are 2 wire. I think the newer still C class, S class and 20 & 20+ use compatable telephones.

Now if you need something to test the older sets with (Classic) I have a 4 x 8 IVX demo unit I will accept an offer on.
mark

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Paul - i became a dealer just as the new C, S and E Class systems were introduced - my understanding is the phones from the 128, 128 plus and 20 plus will work with the c, s and e class ksu's but i have not had any actual experience with it since i don't have an installed base of older systems. As far as needing repair work i buy the 5 year warranty for everything so i wouldn't need it.

paul144 Offline OP
OP Offline
I saw something on ESI's web site about the 48 button phones not working on the C-Class. Is this, in fact the case? If I were to hook up with a 128 system, could I use it to test the newer 24 and 48 button sets?
Last, Upstateny, the vast majority of the phones we fix are in the 5-15 year old range, so I am not too concerned about the newest phones out there.

------------------
Comdial Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited March 02, 2005).]

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
The 48 key phones do not work on the C class. The newer 12, 24 and 48 key phones don't work on the older systems. E-mail or call me if you want to talk more - i will get you a system for a fair price.

paul144 Offline OP
OP Offline
Next Question:
How long has it been since ESI switched over to the C, S, E, etc from the 120 & 20? With the 5 year warranty being standard, I do not necessarily have to be able to test those yet. Are there any phones that work on the 120 (or 120+)that do not work on the 20 (or 20+)?
I guess that I am going to need, at minimum, a 20 and an IVX classic for testing purposes and maybe get an "S" when those phones start hitting the 5 year mark.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

Paul,
I have an IVX classic 4 by system, make me an offer.
mark

paul144 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanx Mark,
I saw that and am talking with the person who controls the purse strings. Basically, we need to know how much all of the systems are going to cost us before we dive in.

------------------
Intertel Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Early part of 2003 was the intro date for the c, s and e class - prior to that i believe that there were only 2 different 16 key sets - one for the original ivx and one for the 20 plus, 128 and 128 plus but don't hold me to anything other than the early 2003 date.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024