atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: esinoob MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 09/11/06 07:08 PM
Hey all, I have a customer who has an IVX-C class Gen 2 and we want to hook a MultiVOIP 130 to it. The problem exists that there are no free co line ports (all 3 in use), the customer dont want to spring the extra 600+ for the 360 card so Im left to try to make it work off one of the analog extensions. In theory I could make it work if I could stop the analog extension (113) from accessing a CO line, then it would just hit the multivoip and auto-dial. Any suggestions? ESI has been less than helpful on the matter. Thank you.
Posted By: SST Re: MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 09/11/06 09:07 PM
x113 is defaulted as a fax port. Change it to a phone port. It will stop grabbing a line unless you dial '9'.
Posted By: grider Re: MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 09/12/06 07:23 AM
SST is correct. Just in case you come across this again on the C-Class ext 112 is factory programmed as a Phone (meaning dialing 9 is required before a line is accessed) and ext 113 is preprogrammed to automaticaly select a line when it goes offhook.

John
Posted By: ESI-Voip-IP40e Re: MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 09/26/06 08:13 PM
Originally posted by esinoob:
Hey all, I have a customer who has an IVX-C class Gen 2 and we want to hook a MultiVOIP 130 to it. The problem exists that there are no free co line ports (all 3 in use), the customer dont want to spring the extra 600+ for the 360 card so Im left to try to make it work off one of the analog extensions. In theory I could make it work if I could stop the analog extension (113) from accessing a CO line, then it would just hit the multivoip and auto-dial. Any suggestions? ESI has been less than helpful on the matter. Thank you.
ESI is very unhelpful in many ways.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 09/26/06 10:50 PM
Why would you say that ESI is very unhelpful when someone is asking them for help to do something that their product wasn't designed to do, and asking them how a third-party device can be used to accomplish that? ESI has a product that will accomplish what they were asking about doing, but it is not the one mentioned. ESI even had a way for the third-party device to work, but it involved adding equipment to the system. How does that make ESI "very unhelpful"?
Posted By: upstateny Re: MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 09/27/06 03:44 AM
I have been a dealer for about four years now and have found them to be very helpful and their tech support has been very good. To speak poorly of them given the specifics of this situation is wrong, particularly when the customer refuses to buy an inexpensive piece of equipment!
Posted By: bdunne Re: MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 09/27/06 10:16 PM
I've been a dealer for 7 years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. They may not always the have the solution right away but they are always there for us and they have gone beyond the call to make things right.
Posted By: Doug C Re: MultiVOIP and IVX-C Class - 10/30/06 11:52 AM
We have been strictly ESI for about 3 years now and I have found the TS to be Extreemly Awesome especially compaired to other phone system companies.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help