atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Avalon ESI New Comm Servers??? - 04/29/07 05:25 PM
I Have a 30 Handset prospect I am pricing, they will have 16 channel banked CO's at new site, they want VIP PRO.
Since all these new "servers" in the 2007 roll out what would anybody recomend specing for the KSU???

Also anybody know of a good software that takes the SMDR info and turns it into nice displays & info on their call history??
Posted By: The phone Man Re: ESI New Comm Servers??? - 04/29/07 05:32 PM
Avalon,
What ever you do keep in mind according to Esi staff VIP is not working with the Vista OP system yet I spoke to them about it the other day.
Posted By: PhoneSol Re: ESI New Comm Servers??? - 04/29/07 06:52 PM
Avalon:

Here's the rundown...

ESI-100 All IP Stations 72, Digital 48, Analog 28
ESI-200 All IP 192, Digital 168, Analog 56
ESI-600 All IP 408, Digital 336, Analog 188
ESI-1000 All IP 816, Digital 504, Analog 384

All are T1/PRI compatible as well as all of the add-on toys, IP, VIP, Presence Management, etc.

We've used PBXSoft for SMDR reporting but I'm also looking at Office Watch (www.metropolis.com)

Let me know if you need any additional info, I'd be glad to assist.
Posted By: Thomas Fox Re: ESI New Comm Servers??? - 04/30/07 02:55 PM
I can personally confirm that no iteration of VIP will work on Windows Vista. :-(
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: ESI New Comm Servers??? - 04/30/07 07:38 PM
Originally posted by PhoneSol:
We've used PBXSoft for SMDR reporting but I'm also looking at Office Watch (www.metropolis.com)
Unless I'm mistaken (very possible), I believe it's PABXSoft. We've used them for several sites. Good, affordable software, with good support.
Posted By: Phone-Dog Re: ESI New Comm Servers??? - 05/02/07 11:20 PM
Here is some info that I have found a little odd. Calls that are answered by AA then transferred to an extension and then forwarded into voice mail is not considered a completed call, thus it doesn't create a call record. The same rule applies to DID calls to an extension that forwards to voice mail, NO CALL RECORD. I can't believe this info is not tracked.
Posted By: LaneComm Re: ESI New Comm Servers??? - 05/03/07 07:43 AM
We have also had very good luck with Tapit for SMDR reporting. Not sure how it compares in cost to PABXSoft but its simple to setup and create custom reports.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: ESI New Comm Servers??? - 05/03/07 08:04 AM
Give PABXSoft a call, and you'll see the cost difference. PABXSoft seems to be a much more affordable solution.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help