atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mudpatch CW-CID - 08/09/07 12:36 PM
ESI seems to have a known issue of not being able to show the CID of a second call ringing in to the receptionist if she is already on a call. Comm Server or S class both have this issue. I have tried CO lines to dept 290 with 3 members and CW enabled on dept and on the three phones. I have also tried CO lines to INFO box 300 with 1/2 sec silence recording then CF Bsy/NA to 290. That almost worked but the 2nd CO light went solid before it could be answered.
Any other ideas? What am I missing?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: CW-CID - 08/09/07 01:22 PM
on the E-class if the dept is an ALL type and call waiting is enabled,you will get call waiting tone and caller ID, I would think that the Comm servers would be the same.

I just checked the Comm server manual and it is the same, dept has to be an ALL type, and call waiting enabled, and you will get call waiting tone and caller ID

The S-class is the same , so the manual shows, make sure your dept is an ALL type, and you may need to upgrade the software
Posted By: The phone Man Re: CW-CID - 08/09/07 01:35 PM
As Steve Mull said I was trying to find the answer but he beat me to it. If I am correct as long as the dept groups are set as all. Then the caller id will show on all ringing phones.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: CW-CID - 08/09/07 02:18 PM
There was a problem with enabling call waiting for dept's with a certain software level, had an E-class I had to upgrade before call waiting would work
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: CW-CID - 08/09/07 02:25 PM
Originally posted by The phone Man:
As Steve Mull said I was trying to find the answer but he beat me to it. If I am correct as long as the dept groups are set as all. Then the caller id will show on all ringing phones.
The KEY component in this, when you DO use Ring All, is the Call Waiting. If you don't have that option available due to software release, you won't get the call waiting CID on your LCD.
Posted By: 5years&counting Re: CW-CID - 08/09/07 02:27 PM
By the way, welcome to the board!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help