atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mars ESI IVX128eII - 04/22/14 10:39 PM
I have an ESI 128eII the software version 2.4.1, I am trying to install an e2 dlc12 pc 12 port digital extension/23pri. The system is not recognizing the card. Do you all have any ideas as to why this is not Auto recognizing the card.

Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI IVX128eII - 04/22/14 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Mars
I have an ESI 128eII the software version 2.4.1, I am trying to install an e2 dlc12 pc 12 port digital extension/23pri. The system is not recognizing the card. Do you all have any ideas as to why this is not Auto recognizing the card.

Does it show up as a T1 card?
Posted By: Mars Re: ESI IVX128eII - 04/22/14 11:59 PM
Thank you for the reply upstateny

No, it shows up as Not installed or no card, i forget the exact wording the system uses when I look at the card config and it shows 684 cards...and all the individual slots

I take out the existing D12 card and put in the D12 PRI and the system just does not recognize the card.

Edit, I had this problem with another card, I ordered and received a second card
Posted By: PhoneGuyMD Re: ESI IVX128eII - 04/23/14 12:15 AM
Might have to get support into the system. Make sure your jumper is correct for the PRI function. Also are you sure its a 128eII and not a 72e. Because the e2 dlc will not work with that system.

NOTE - POST EDITED BY MODERATOR TO REMOVE INSTALLER LEVEL INFO
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI IVX128eII - 04/23/14 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Mars
Thank you for the reply upstateny

No, it shows up as Not installed or no card, i forget the exact wording the system uses when I look at the card config and it shows 684 cards...and all the individual slots

I take out the existing D12 card and put in the D12 PRI and the system just does not recognize the card.

Edit, I had this problem with another card, I ordered and received a second card

So you have tried two different cards? What does tech support say??

If you are replacing a D12 it might be worth booting up without either card and then trying to add the new card.

Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI IVX128eII - 04/23/14 03:19 PM
What is the configuration? The 128e can accommodate only 7 modules even though there may be a space for an eighth. ESI recommended that the PRI module should be connected to the main cabinet. We have several 128e systems with PRI and they work well, but all have the PRI as the second module in the system.

Rcaman
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI IVX128eII - 04/23/14 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Rcaman
What is the configuration? The 128e can accommodate only 7 modules even though there may be a space for an eighth. ESI recommended that the PRI module should be connected to the main cabinet. We have several 128e systems with PRI and they work well, but all have the PRI as the second module in the system.

Rcaman

Good catch .... it could even be a 72E.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI IVX128eII - 04/23/14 04:52 PM
Over the years, I have just given up on trying to "add" modules to the older ESIs. Instead, I have, instead, just backed up the system and then rebuilt the system from scratch. I think the original intention of block building went south somewhere around the Gen II releases. Their original idea of trunks first, stations last was a barrier that they couldn't quite seem to overcome until the Comm Servers.

Rcaman
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help