atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: kristent ESI 24 Key - Line Dead - 04/29/19 06:21 PM
We have several ESI 24 key phones in our office. They have 5 phone lines connected but around a month ago, line 5 went dead on all of them. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that when we use speed dial, it dials on line 5 or if we press 9 for an outside line, it goes to line 5. Is is possible to program the phones to use line 4 for speed dial? Line 5 is not really necessary anyway, if I can just do away with it that would be fine. The issue is that most of the office relies on the speed dial and are unable to use it..
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: ESI 24 Key - Line Dead - 04/29/19 11:13 PM
If you are paying for Line 5 I would think it might want to call your telephone dial tone provider and have them verify if Line 5 is good or bad. You could remove Line 5 from your routing but just because you are not using it doesn't mean your not paying for it.
Posted By: oobie Re: ESI 24 Key - Line Dead - 05/01/19 07:43 PM
On ESI Commserver it doesn't matter if you have the line appearance or not you can still use the line to call out.
Posted By: upstateny Re: ESI 24 Key - Line Dead - 05/04/19 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by oobie
On ESI Commserver it doesn't matter if you have the line appearance or not you can still use the line to call out.

I'm fairly certain that's the case on the C,S,E and X Class systems too.

This is a simple fix - have a tech out to diagnose it and if you're going to cancel line 5 have him reprogram it so line 5 is not in line group 9 and then give the phones access to the new line group so they can manually select it until you cancel line 5.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help