atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TNTJEFF 10 digit local dialing - 07/26/17 04:58 PM
The state of Idaho is adding an area code and going to mandatory 10 digit local dialing on 8\5\17. I have several ADIX and ECS systems that are using optimized routing and it seems to be absorbing the area code when it is dialed or adding the 1 when it is not dialed on some systems. Any ideas on how to set up opt. routing to dial correctly when 208 or 986 which are the 2 Idaho area codes + 7 digits are dialed
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: 10 digit local dialing - 07/27/17 12:28 AM
In the ECS, you associate digits to be added or stripped with the appropriate tables for local and long distance calling. Associate a table number with each office code to add the local area code, associate another table to add in the 1 for long distance calling.

You always have to add the 1 back in when using OPT because the system sees that as a trigger to route using long distance tables and eats that leading digit.

Once you have n ECS dialing the way you need it to, change the view at the top from category to item to get the proper programming item numbers for programming an ADIX. The programming is the same if you know the item numbers involved. OPT programming is in Class 17.
Posted By: TNTJEFF Re: 10 digit local dialing - 07/27/17 03:28 PM
Thanks i did some extensive reading of the docs yesterday and i think i found the forms in 17 to adjust. Would it be possible to just put in 208nnnnnnn and 986nnnnnnn in the specific code\ bypass table to have them shortcut around the rest of the the tables and dial out.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: 10 digit local dialing - 07/28/17 12:04 AM
You can, but you may have to create a separate entry for each local office code. The ECS has a Trace Route tester in the Optimized Routing section. Do your programming then test outbound with the tester to see if it will work the way you think it should.

You could also try using the OPT wizard in ECS programming, but use care because it might overwrite something you need some other place in programming.
Posted By: TNTJEFF Re: 10 digit local dialing - 07/28/17 03:21 PM
Thank you very much for your help and your work as moderator
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help