atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: linuxknight MWI - 04/16/08 01:08 PM
Greetings, all. I've come to a standstill on this feature. I can't seem to get this one last option working properly.

We have an Executone IDS228 system with an 8port Infostar/VX3 running in EXC mode. I've configured the M screen with 50 and 58, 76 and 77, exc etc with no luck. The mailboxes are setup correctly as far as I can tell. I know this feature should work but need a little guidance with a code/setting somewhere.

Thank you for any assistance!

Ethan
Posted By: linuxknight Re: MWI - 04/16/08 02:24 PM
Just an update on this, I set the M screen to
Integration Type C
/SMDI for on1, on2 and off
per another post - not necessary correct :\

When I run an F3, the MWI light will come on and off accordingly. If the M screen is setup correctly, wouldn't the light turn on or off immediately following a message change?

Thanks again.

Ethan
Posted By: nonameyet Re: MWI - 04/16/08 03:17 PM
Its been a while since I messed with voicemails,
But, one thing to remember if there is already a message in the mailbox, and the lite didn't come on, and You think You have everything set right, delete the message first . change some settings and try again.

I'm looking at some notes that made sense to me around 15 years ago, I'll put them here just in case, they might help you

These are on the ' M ' screen

If you are running ' Time ' boxes

T

&,#

&,*

03 ,

Hope that helps?
Posted By: TDMTECH Re: MWI - 04/16/08 04:17 PM
Ethan, What type of integration are you using, Inband, or RS-232? A VX3 If i remeber correctly is a stand-alone PC...?.
Posted By: linuxknight Re: MWI - 04/17/08 06:55 AM
Thank you both for the replies. nonameyet, those notes jive with several settings in the M screen.

TDMTECH, the integration is 8 analog ports. It is a standalone PC yes.

The documentation I've been working from is for a VX2, I've been unable to locate a PDF for the VX3.
Fumbling for correct settings is an understatement.

Appreciations for any advice.
Posted By: TDMTECH Re: MWI - 04/17/08 02:23 PM
O.K.
You indicated that when you preformed an F3 (reset MWI) that the message waiting lights would light... but that when you left a message in a mailbox the mwi on the phone assigned to that mailbox would not. ??
So something is working. Do you have a RS-232 cable feeding from the VX3 to the mdf of the PBX?
Posted By: linuxknight Re: MWI - 04/17/08 02:46 PM
I have 8 analog lines going from 2 Dialogic D/41D cards in the VX3 punched down as 8 extensions on the MDF.

The F3 cleanup will make the MWI light up or extinguish accordingly. It doesn't occur in real-time as it should.
Posted By: TDMTECH Re: MWI - 04/17/08 03:20 PM
Ethan, What are the options on the 228 you should see VMS VMI etc etc.
List them all out for me.
I can't remember the exact line but if I see what I'm looking for I'll know...
At this point I thinking that you are using In-band intergration (because you did not mention a RS-232 cable), which is O. K., but it will cause lighting problems like this if not set up correctly (and even when it is). If your options for SMDI are available on the IDS I will help you set that up,, as it is the better way. If you don't have the availabilty of SMDI, I will work with you to solve your port problem. I will contact a former co-worker to see if he still has the VX3 manual.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: MWI - 04/17/08 03:26 PM
You might want to try...changing it over to SMDI
Much faster!

If you know how to do that, I would do it.

On the VX3 at start up there is an option to pick the type of intergration you want to use.

To get that screen back again, you need to get the voicemail back to the DOS Prompt.

Your looking for the " xxx.dat " file(I can't remember....)anyway if you delete that file, and reboot, you will get the screen back to pick your type of intergration.

Here's what I have for SMDI

M screen version 5.0 software

T _____
, 9*
9* #

/SMDI /SMDI

You ' Might ' have a bad DTMF receiver on one of the cards, You do Have a DTMF/Combo card? Or the piggy back DTMF card on the SLI card?
Posted By: dodger Re: MWI - 04/18/08 08:30 AM
You could also put a testset on one of the analog vm ports and dial 76 or 77 plus ext #.That should light or cancel mwi.Might help isolate the trouble.
Posted By: linuxknight Re: MWI - 04/18/08 08:38 AM
Thank you all for your assistance. It was something really simple:

In line setup (S) screen, the 8 extensions relative to the anolog lines didn't have the following parameter set:

Use for MWI/Outdial

Put the Y/Y in there and its working now.

Huge thanks to a forum user that called me up with no prompting and talked me through the solution.
Posted By: jjmaly Re: MWI - 06/24/08 09:00 PM
to all of you
to set up a vx3 for rs232 all you need is shutdown the voicemail all the way down to where you have 4 choices. press 2 then 1 hit your numlock key, screll down to 232 and hit enter twice. voice mail will reboot and set it self up with the right settings. all you need to do is set up S screen in the voicemail with EXT numbers that mach EXT numners that are plugged in and setup the B screen in the phone system on port one or two for RS232 for the voicemail. that is it. many people try to modify EXC run node to do 232 and that is so wrong.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help