atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jim Pace Execitone IDS 228 - 09/11/09 09:50 AM
I have a Executone IDS 228, Which is having a problem were the calling party cannot hear the called party, When calling the IC the line is real static.noisy. I have changed the Station Card, which moved this problem from one extension to another extension. I have changed the Processor. I have changed the extension to another extension, changed the telephone, connected the telephone at the system still same problem. Any suggestions. System is about 6 years old. Thanks,
Posted By: dperry1 Re: Execitone IDS 228 - 09/11/09 10:13 AM
Check your grounding. do you have an open card slot to move the station card to?
Posted By: mforrence Re: Execitone IDS 228 - 09/11/09 03:37 PM
Is it ALL intercom calls on all phones? If so, I'd also try swapping the VCM. FYI - most new system sales stopped in 2001, so I'd guess that it is at least 8 years old.
Mike
Posted By: NWA Telcom Re: Execitone IDS 228 - 09/22/09 08:50 AM
If changing the station card moved your problem from 1 phone to another, I still think it is a station card issue. If you have any other open ports, try moving the static extension to another port, or change the station card again. Your replacement station card may have a problem. Also, if you have a 228 cpu, there was a problem with static on phones that were on short cable runs in the early days. If you think that is the issue, try installing a 50' base cord.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help