atcomsystems.ca/forum
What needs to be done to configure a completely new T1/PRI circuit with new DID’s on a system that previously had a working T1/PRI with completely different DID’s?

I've been supporting an Executone IDS 228 w/ Eclipse 3.0.0 that had a T1/PRI circuit (vendor Level3, 23 channels, 100 DID’s) for a while now, but when I originally took over, it was my first IDS. My client relocated offices forming a new company and didn’t want to keep their old DID’s. I moved the entire system to their new office in a completely different suburb and am waiting for my new T1/PRI turn-up (CBeyond, 8 INbound trunks, 60 DID's).

The existing settings from when it was operating on the old T1/PRI from Level3 are:

In Control-C (Diagnostics) -> Q (PRI Parameters), the D_Channel is set to 24 & switch_type is 02. Does the D_channel need to be changed to match the new vendor’s OUTbound available channels?

In B (system programming): Lines 001 thru 023 are set to type 061; Line 024 is set to type 000

Is there anything else I have to do besides going into: Y (digit translation) -> A (DID Programming) and changing all the DID digits to match the new telephone numbers? Does the new area code or new prefix need to be entered in somewhere?

Any input would greatly be appreciated. Let me know if you need any more info of have questions. Thanks! smile -Anthony
D channel won't work on any other channel besides 24 in that system. Switch type deals with what Central Office equipment and protocol your are connecting to, settings are 1, 2 or 3. Those are the correct line settings for a PRI in system programming. IDS PRI card will not work with a channelized T1 you will have to go with a T1 card and not a PRI to make that work with what you're trying to do.
Agree need to make sure it is a true PRI and the data is being sent to channel 24. PRI only has 23 that is why nothing was set up on the 24 trunk for that card. Also you have to have the correct switch type set 1.2. or 3 as mentioned depending on what type of Central Office equipment the new provider has.
DID programming in the Y-A screen is the same.
PM if need remote support.
you are all set, especially if it worked in another office. all you do is change the Y A screen and input new DID's. double check it they are sending you the correct amount of digits.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help