atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: The Phone Lady Animated "Knot Tying" website - 08/08/08 09:40 AM
I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum or not, but guess it will get moved if it is wrong.

Anyway I was having a discussion with one of our local Telco linemen the other day, and one thing lead to another, and we started talking about tying knots. Well in the sense of the industry tying of knots...nothing other!! HA!! HA!!

He showed me a very neat website that will actually train you in how to tie just about any type of knot you can imagine. You just click on the specific knot you want to learn and it actually goes through each loop, turn, pull, twist etc in an animated process on screen. Here is the link to the site:

https://www.animatedknots.com/index.php?Log...imatedknots.com

There's an awesome feature to the site that shows each knot in automation, normal, mirror,inverted, , and rotated.

Also there is another forum site more specific to the Lineman industry in case anyone wants to check anything further to that industry. That website is:

https://www.line-man.com

I am not trying to encourage anyone from leaving this forum website, as this is DEFINITELY the MOST informative forum site I have ever seen and used. I am merely trying to add additional sites that may come in handy for that area of the industry.

I know I used the knot tying website for some of my own craft projects, not even related to work too. Anyway, I hope someone finds this site as interesting and helpful as I did.

Happy "Knot Tying"!! wink
Posted By: mdaniel Re: Animated "Knot Tying" website - 08/08/08 11:44 AM
Hey, thanks for the knot page Angie.
Very helpful.
Posted By: RRino Re: Animated "Knot Tying" website - 08/11/08 09:18 AM
Very cool, my dad and I are both Navy vets and every year on our annual fishing trip, he blows me away with all these crazy sailor knots he can do. This year, maybe the student will become the teacher.
Posted By: KevCom Re: Animated "Knot Tying" website - 08/13/08 09:48 AM
Excellent website, my father showed me a few great knots when i first started pulling cable, osp and inside....they all work! If there are any new guys looking around on this forum and want a hint, learn the "constrictor knot" in the boating section of the website...also known as a clove hitch. Best knot ever for pulling cable with.
Nice find Angie, thanks for posting it!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help