web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum or not, but guess it will get moved if it is wrong.

Anyway I was having a discussion with one of our local Telco linemen the other day, and one thing lead to another, and we started talking about tying knots. Well in the sense of the industry tying of knots...nothing other!! HA!! HA!!

He showed me a very neat website that will actually train you in how to tie just about any type of knot you can imagine. You just click on the specific knot you want to learn and it actually goes through each loop, turn, pull, twist etc in an animated process on screen. Here is the link to the site:

https://www.animatedknots.com/index.php?Log...imatedknots.com

There's an awesome feature to the site that shows each knot in automation, normal, mirror,inverted, , and rotated.

Also there is another forum site more specific to the Lineman industry in case anyone wants to check anything further to that industry. That website is:

https://www.line-man.com

I am not trying to encourage anyone from leaving this forum website, as this is DEFINITELY the MOST informative forum site I have ever seen and used. I am merely trying to add additional sites that may come in handy for that area of the industry.

I know I used the knot tying website for some of my own craft projects, not even related to work too. Anyway, I hope someone finds this site as interesting and helpful as I did.

Happy "Knot Tying"!! wink

Angie
aka: The Phone Lady smile

"If you expect the world to change, you have to be willing to make a contribution & be ready to participate!"
http://www.TruComm.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Hey, thanks for the knot page Angie.
Very helpful.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Very cool, my dad and I are both Navy vets and every year on our annual fishing trip, he blows me away with all these crazy sailor knots he can do. This year, maybe the student will become the teacher.

Excellent website, my father showed me a few great knots when i first started pulling cable, osp and inside....they all work! If there are any new guys looking around on this forum and want a hint, learn the "constrictor knot" in the boating section of the website...also known as a clove hitch. Best knot ever for pulling cable with.
Nice find Angie, thanks for posting it!

Don't get all sweaty and lean on the block...it tingles a bit!

Moderated by  EV607797 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,569 Shoretel
189,439 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 111 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024