atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BillFlippen 25 pair Splice - 03/11/11 09:15 AM
Did a quick google seach and getting overwhelmed, and can't find what I'm looking for.
Need ot head out on another job ASAP and need thos info "yesterday". So I will beg my coherts to do my leg work.

Apartment complex. (6 unit buildings)
25 pair direct buried "air core" cable.
Cable severed.
Only 3 dial tones where entering the building of which I scotch locked through as a quick temporary fix.
Need to know a part number to look for the splice kit. The splice is above ground. needs to be no more than 10" in lenght if at all possible.

Thanks in advance
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 25 pair Splice - 03/11/11 09:20 AM
A small pedestal will do. I would recommend a BD-3 from Emerson Network Power (formerly Reliable), but the height is about 30". They do make smaller ones that are designed to house CATV taps that are much shorter.

HERE IS A PICTURE
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: 25 pair Splice - 03/11/11 03:30 PM
I was thinking more of a boot style. This is right next to the foundation. Turns out it isn't as urgent as I was led to believe, I will research when I get back into town. Thanks
Posted By: EV607797 Re: 25 pair Splice - 03/11/11 07:04 PM
How about a buried splice, like a 3M BB 2X24? It is a bit of overkill, but you could also use one of their 89XX series kits. Most supply houses have access to these as well.

TAKE A LOOK
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: 25 pair Splice - 03/15/11 09:42 AM
Thanks for the reply,
I ended going with This
Posted By: Z-man Re: 25 pair Splice - 03/17/11 02:39 PM
That should work fine. Just make sure they give you the right size. Also, when you are splicing the pairs, use the small version of UY scotchlocks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help