atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Thornhil That number is disconnected - 05/06/11 03:11 PM
Repair call from customer that fax machine not working. Turns out fax was working but if you dial certain numbers you get a recording that states "That number is disconnected" doesn"t happen on all calls. Ican dial the same numbers from my cell and call goes thru. I went to d-mark and used butt set get the same recording"That number is disconnected" Call Verizon. Line test good, said its my problem. well good luck on that. Any ideas. Thanks Tony
Posted By: skip555 Re: That number is disconnected - 05/06/11 03:13 PM
all to the same exchange ?

local or LD ?

can you call the numbers in question from other lines at the customer location ?
Posted By: Thornhil Re: That number is disconnected - 05/06/11 03:29 PM
Different, one was an 800 one was 516 and one was203 last one was 404
Posted By: Thornhil Re: That number is disconnected - 05/06/11 03:30 PM
All LD
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: That number is disconnected - 05/06/11 04:14 PM
Check on-hook and off-hook line voltage. should be 48-50 VDC and 5-7 VDC, respectively. Line current off-hook should be no more than 25ma.

After that, Verizon probably has a bad piece of equipment in the C O, like a DTMF receiver, or bad LD link to carrier. Who IS the LD company?
Posted By: ffej010 Re: That number is disconnected - 05/06/11 06:46 PM
I would almost guarantee that this is an issue w/ your LD provider. We see it all the time. That is who you need to contact.
Posted By: dexman Re: That number is disconnected - 05/06/11 07:03 PM
This sometimes happens when the called telephone number is in the process of being ported to a new local service provider.

If the port is incomplete and all databases are not updated, calls would be sent to the old switch, which would return either a reorder or a recording.....because the called number is no longer there.
Posted By: vlb2123 Re: That number is disconnected - 05/10/11 08:26 PM
Just curious if this has resolved itself. I experienced the same issue a handful of times & it was a result of an improper port. If it has not fixed itself now, tell the provider to refresh the port.
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: That number is disconnected - 05/11/11 09:15 AM
"tell the provider to refresh the port"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND GOOD LUCK ON THAT!! call
Posted By: Thornhil Re: That number is disconnected - 05/11/11 02:07 PM
Still working with both local and LD company. Feels like I'm playing tennis, ball keeps going back and forth Thanks Tony
Posted By: Rcaman Re: That number is disconnected - 05/14/11 06:32 PM
I am dealing with a similar issue. The LEC is Windstream (should be called "SmokeScreen") and the situation has become ridiculous. In the good 'ole days, everything was on copper and it was reliable. Today, even this "nut case" LEC is using HDSL from co to co and even to SLiCs. My terminal current is 45 ma. and I have installed Mike Sandman's modem conditioners to bring it down to about 25 ma. I got the problem of the FAX just plain not working to working most of the time. I really believe it is a matter of the LEC's equipment not being able to properly handle FAX data through multiple conversions. The problem, in my opinion, is that, even though everything gets converted to data, FAX is data converted to analog and then converted back again to data, but not the exact same way. Just drop a bit from the stream and immediately there are problems.

I will be watching this thread closely because I have to have a face to face with the hospital administrator and the LEC over this issue and it appears to be very similar to my problem. My advice, however, is make sure you measure the terminal voltage and current and get that in the correct place (48 to 55 VDC on hook, 5-10 VDC off hook and no more than 25 ma.)If any of these are out of range, then a call to Mike Sandman is in order to provide conditioning of the FAX line. That way, you can pretty much eliminate the terminal equipment and then concentrate on the LEC or carrier for the problem.

Rcaman
Posted By: dexman Re: That number is disconnected - 05/15/11 04:20 AM
Hi Rcaman!

This topic actually covers people reaching a "number has been disconnected" recording when calling a telephone number that has been recently ported to a new service provider.

I think there was another topic that covered high current readings.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: That number is disconnected - 05/15/11 06:24 AM
Thanks, I got that. I have just gotten into the loop of doing everything at the customer location, first. When asked, Thornhil never came back with a current value of the loop. In my case, I am getting the same kind of message, as well, but I know it's the circuit from the LEC not a portability issue.

All I know is Mike Sandman has gotten rich because the LECs don't adhere to the old BellCore specs. Since the FCC has taken over it's the "Wild, Wild West" in terms of circuit quality and specifications. Does anyone remember when you could request a point to point test from the CO? A CO tech would logon with a SARTS terminal and could watch the entire setup and take down and could tell you if there was a problem and where?

Rcaman

Rcaman
Posted By: Thornhil Re: That number is disconnected - 05/17/11 06:20 AM
Well the answer is a disconnected LD Co due to corp letting the service expire. Thanks for all your help
Posted By: skip555 Re: That number is disconnected - 05/17/11 06:25 AM
thanks for the update , i would have a expected a "ld" intercept in that case
Posted By: anthonyh Re: That number is disconnected - 05/17/11 06:38 PM
Think Dex nailed it sounds like a porting issue you can ask for an audit and rebroadcast aka a refresh as mentioned
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help