atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: infringer Paging Help - 08/02/07 10:52 AM
Hey Guys,

Hoping you can help me out. Over the past year or so, we've noticed pages seem to be getting quieter and quieter. I'm looking at doing a couple different things if possible.

Here's my setup:
Comdial FX-II Phone System
AT&T PagePac 6 with Trunk Adapter (hooked up to a CO port on the phone system)

The page pac supplies most of the speakers throughout the building. But I also am tagged onto the CO port and have several valcom speakers hooked up. (CO Port to Valcom's Input ports, then a valcom power supply powering them).

Here's my questions thoughts:

1) We are probably getting ready to install a Valcom Stacking Feedback Eliminator (V-9964), having a little bit of feedback issues, but then I could turn the speaker volumes up more.

2) Question: Are there any devices that sense the incoming volume of the page (possibly hooked up to the CO Port somehow) and then adjust the volume accordingly, up or down depending on the need?

Any other suggestions to fixing this?

Thanks,
-David
Posted By: jwooten Re: Paging Help - 08/04/07 05:55 PM
Get rid of the pagepac and put in a bogen and use the the fx2 page port. The valcom is good choice. Lastly, you have some knowledge here but I think you need more experience involved here!
Posted By: skip555 Re: Paging Help - 08/04/07 06:02 PM
if you contact valcom , and tell them your requirements they will suggest a solution

and yes there are devices that will adjust the volume to match noise level
Posted By: infringer Re: Paging Help - 08/09/07 02:00 PM
Thanks guys for the help. Figured I would provide an update.

Feedback was a big problem, and I had used the Valcom Feedback Eliminator before, so I purchased one. Talked with Valcom about exactly how to hook it up and what they recommended. Hooked it up today, and the feedback eliminator solved my problems.

So now my setup is COPort->TrunkAdapter->FeedbackEliminator->PagePac.

Thanks for the help.

-David
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help