atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Kumba DVR that connects to Wifi network? - 09/18/07 10:42 AM
Looking for a 5-camera (or whatever it comes in) DVR that will hook up to a wifi network to stream across the internet. Also needs to do Audio on atleast 1 camera.

So it takes regular BNC in, connects to the WIFI Router, and streams the camera feed out with audio on 1 camera.

Any suggestions? ZoneMinder (which is what I have used before) doesn't handle audio. Thanks...
Posted By: Gene Re: DVR that connects to Wifi network? - 09/18/07 04:42 PM
EMSTONE 8channel linux based, Bill at alarmline 1-361-299-2929
i needed one that was WIFI, in a pinch i used a regular one with a linksys video game adapter, its a bridge
Posted By: Kumba Re: DVR that connects to Wifi network? - 09/19/07 07:28 AM
I gave up finding something integrated and just built an 8-ch zoneminder box with a Wifi-G card in it. Problem solved smile

But for the record I was looking at a Wifi-AP at the DVR end, similar to your video-game wifi adapter solution.
Posted By: jschnip Re: DVR that connects to Wifi network? - 09/20/07 06:33 AM
What did you end up using for your audio? We have used Zoneminder a few times - but have been looking for a way to add at least one audio source.

Thanks
-John
Posted By: Kumba Re: DVR that connects to Wifi network? - 09/20/07 07:56 AM
I told my sister that audio would cost 3-times as much and suddenly she wasn't interested in it anymore.

So, nothing technically, the audio requirement was dropped.

If you needed audio and could stand for there to be a slight synch issue (not sure it matters at 5fps) then you could use something like icecast or another audio-streaming app on linux and modify the zoneminder PHP files to have it load the audio stream. It would basically be loading two different things to accomplish it tho.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help