atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: E1 C&E Bogen TPU100B - 01/10/10 01:47 AM
Hi
i´m looking for the schematics for a bogen TPU100B
We need to repair it.
The problem is that when we turn in on, it works well, but after 10 or 15 minutes it starts to give intermittent sound.
any ideas
thanks
Posted By: dagwoodsystems Re: Bogen TPU100B - 01/10/10 06:33 AM
I have one for a TU100A, which is similar except for the Aphex exciter circuitry. However that piece and the ALC is shown in Bogen's TPU-15A public manual.

But before you take anything apart, take some simple steps like turning off the Aphex and potting the Music Mute fully clockwise. Make sure your inputs aren't cranked all the way up and set the ALC about halfway for starters. There is a little art to tuning power amplifiers and I find most don't know how to do it. I believe the basic steps are either covered in their TPU100 and TPU250 manuals, but if not I'm sure you can find them on Bogen's website.

Now if you would rather attempt repair yourself (instead of Bogen, which I recommend) you might look at one of the six power transistors along the black heat sink that divides the circuit board. But check the action of the fan and thermostat first; I'll bet you had a failure there first.
Posted By: Bilcor Re: Bogen TPU100B - 07/10/10 08:39 PM
Hey dagwoodsystems, I would like to have a copy of that manual also. I also have a 100b that needs service.

Billy Correll
[email protected]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help