atcomsystems.ca/forum
A friend who collects old phone stuff, but who is not a member of this forum, has asked me to forward this request:

I'm looking for the above document,

(AT&T/Harris-Dracon Installation Manual II722022-001)

which is related to an AT&T/Harris PagePac-I voice paging amplifier and/or the final version of the PagePac-i Voice Paging System Installation Instructions, or any other user document. I have the preliminary version "11/86-1" of the installation instructions.

The unit is a compact desk-top paging amplifier capable of driving (24) 45 Ohm speakers, i.e. an ~2 Ohm load, powered by a wall wart. Curiously, it contains a Mitel Touchtone receiver chip and a Zilog Z8 MCU.

I'd like to find out what purpose they serve in an audio power amplifier. Presumably there is some DTMF code sequence which performs some special function. There's no way to determine the code sequence without a more detailed user or installer doc. than what I have.
Originally Posted by Arthur P. Bloom
A friend who collects old phone stuff, but who is not a member of this forum, has asked me to forward this request:

Curiously, it contains a Mitel Touchtone receiver chip and a Zilog Z8 MCU.

I'd like to find out what purpose they serve in an audio power amplifier. Presumably there is some DTMF code sequence which performs some special function. There's no way to determine the code sequence without a more detailed user or installer doc. than what I have.

Wondering if it's proprietary. The Z8 is a micro controller, so there is something going on other than the amp. My guess is that it's a programmable tone generator. Program the type of tone and schedule via DTMF. If you have the amp it would be fun to do a tear down and see how it's connected. Won't tell you what the DTMF sequence is though if I'm right.

-Hal
10-Q
The amp that is described sounds like a PagePac 20 PowerMate, which had available as an accessory a ZoneMate 3 and 8, a Zone Paging adapter. I suspect that the onboard touch tone decoder would be for that.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help